I think I just built my favorite hunting rifle

OP, I think I must have the same look on my face as my wife does when I tell her, "I think I have all the guns I need." 😂🤣🤣
Awesome looking rifle! Been a big fan of my 280 Rem for a long time and have been curious about how that 6.5-06 would perform. Keep us updated.
Love the 280 too one of the best all around mid performers
Like it so much I have two
Which one you have and what do you use it for

Love the 280 too one of the best all around mid performers
Like it so much I have two
Which one you have and what do you use it for
I have an older remington 700, manufactured mid 90s I believe. Anyway, I put a bell and carlson stock and timiney trigger in it. I use it for elk and deer. This is my son in the front shooting it off the flatbed. What do you shoot?

Attachments

• IMG_20181224_095036.jpg
    IMG_20181224_095036.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
I'm really excited to go hunting with it now I just need to round up some more ELDX
If this current sale of my 6.5 SAUM falls though I will have a 100ct box if you want them, I offered a package deal of my Bergers and Eldx to the potential buyer. Congrats on the build, its always rewarding when you feel like you done it right. Just PM me if you want them.

Last edited:
I have a 6.5-06 as well... Took 2 bucks with it this year. One at 517yds and the other at 880yds. I have a 28.5" proof barrel. Im running either berger or jlk 140gr bullets sitting over norma 30-06 brass, Cci 250 primers, re 26... Its running 3047fps with no signs of pressure and is 1/2 moa or less at 1000yds. The load is 1/4 moa at 100yds. Its extremely accurate and is a whopper when it hits. Im loading mine to 300wm length due to my custom cut throat on the reamer

Sounds like a good deal .I want to make a old model ruger 77 tang safety in 260 rem with 27 inch stainless barrel .Good luck hunting with it !

Sounds like a good deal .I want to make a old model ruger 77 tang safety in 260 rem with 27 inch stainless barrel .Good luck hunting with it !
I like the Ruger 77, tang safety rifles. Last year built a 77 with a 26 inch Lilja (1-10) barrel, blueprinted in .270 Ackley Improved. The rifle is a real shooter. I've been thinking about a 6.5-06, not with the .270AI I'm finding it hard to justify the build!??

I have an older remington 700, manufactured mid 90s I believe. Anyway, I put a bell and carlson stock and timiney trigger in it. I use it for elk and deer. This is my son in the front shooting it off the flatbed. What do you shoot?
I have a reg CDL and then a CDL stainless fluted. The reg CDL hold several loads at 1/2" and the best is right at 1/4"
But I don't have much time behind the trigger on either one because of the supply shortage.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts