I sure hope this is a joke

Half not joking ever since I posted this my brain has been chewing on the details of what it would take haha. But I sure wouldn't want to be behind the trigger during R and D.

Remington actually experimented with electronic ignition back in the day, here's an article from 2004 in Popular Mechanics…

The idea then was to significantly reduce "lock time" for precision target shooting. It turned out to not be nearly as reliable as primers but I'm seriously thinking it's worth revisiting given the situation.

On the other hand I can just see myself waist deep in snow during hunting season frantically cleaning my rifles "spark plugs" as the buck of a lifetime nonchalantly trots by.

I wonder if they've made a BBQ lighter that can withstand 65kpsi?🤣🥴
As I read about that rifle further, it's apparent something needs to be different to be viable: the juice come from a 9volt battery in the stock :(. What a cool idea (primerless ignition) and how terribly executed (battery powered) - if anyones ever tried using a chronograph at 30 below (Celcius or Fahrenheit, both cold) you know why a rifle contingent upon the reliability of a 9vlt battery would be useless.

The importer here in Australia has announced there will be no Federal or CCI primers for 5 years….
Lucky I just had all of my firearms removed from me, cuz I only got 3000 primers total and not a single pistol primer to be seen anywhere.
I'm done with rifles for the next 5 years….do not marry a nutter, that's all I will say.
Hope your shooting is productive, I will be hunting with a bow and a crossbow from now on.
Cheers.
Move to Arizona!!! We don't confiscate rifles :)

What's worse is the guys that buy up everything in a nanosecond because they have computers set up to do it, and then sell the same stock at 10x the price on GB or other sites. It has become a big part of the problem IMO.

Some people defend this conduct by calling it "good ol' capitalism". I see it differently.
Well, it is a capitalism but if nobody's buying they wouldn't prosper, so don't buy from those GB guys unless price is right...

A guy in Los Angeles had a huge stockpile of ammo in his garage, his house caught fire and after the first explosion the fire department retreated and refused to fight the fire. The house went down, 3 neighbors sued him and won, his insurance company refused to pay the loss and when I moved away he was in a civil action for having so much explosives in a residence. He lost everything. Oh yeah, I forgot, he was also found guilty of felony charges and now can't own a gun, etc. Just sayin'
Karma finally caught up with the guy :)

What's the state of the technology to go 'rim fire' on higher calibers and forget primers altogether???? 🤣😂 IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A JOKE THOUGH.

Half not joking ever since I posted this my brain has been chewing on the details of what it would take haha. But I sure wouldn't want to be behind the trigger during R and D.

Remington actually experimented with electronic ignition back in the day, here's an article from 2004 in Popular Mechanics…

The idea then was to significantly reduce "lock time" for precision target shooting. It turned out to not be nearly as reliable as primers but I'm seriously thinking it's worth revisiting given the situation.

On the other hand I can just see myself waist deep in snow during hunting season frantically cleaning my rifles "spark plugs" as the buck of a lifetime nonchalantly trots by.

I wonder if they've made a BBQ lighter that can withstand 65kpsi?🤣🥴
Flintlock??????????????????????

Did anyone else catch the DATE of this alleged announcement by Vista Outdoors? April 1st ... as in April Fools? Coincidence? We'll see ...

Effective 4/01/2022, CCI, Federal, Hevi-Shot, Remington, and SPEER ammunition will take the following price increases:
  • Primers - 5%
  • Powder - 5%
  • Handgun - 2-8%
  • Rifle - 3-8%
  • Shotgun - 3-12%
Additionally, due to continued demand, NO new Primer orders will be accepted until further notice.

Did anyone else catch the DATE of this alleged announcement by Vista Outdoors? April 1st ... as in April Fools? Coincidence? We'll see ...

Effective 4/01/2022, CCI, Federal, Hevi-Shot, Remington, and SPEER ammunition will take the following price increases:
  • Primers - 5%
  • Powder - 5%
  • Handgun - 2-8%
  • Rifle - 3-8%
  • Shotgun - 3-12%
Additionally, due to continued demand, NO new Primer orders will be accepted until further notice.
Yeah, is it April Fool? Or a calculated ruse of self exposure by a false VISTA ? How many of us have gone to our reloading rooms and checked again our stores of primers (and other reloading components), AND THEN POSTED THE AMOUNTS IN TEXT OR PHOTO. Could that bring about results like Magnum Maniac is experiencing??

Same here is some states. They call them red flag laws. It got a man killed in the state I just left because he chose to wear a sidearm in his home. Someone complained and they came for his guns and he wouldn't give them up
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!
Whether he gave them up or he didn't that's not the issue he doesn't have to as no laws were broken in other words he wasn't a criminal. Red flag laws are just a side step for the gubment. Take them to court