I sure hope this is a joke

I just jumped online and bought 1000 CCI large rifle primers. Took 7 minutes to find and purchase them. So I'm not sure what all the churn is about in terms of these components not being available. I shoot about 3000 rounds of 308 on my own dime, not at work. I've never run out. Yes, there are days when certain items are not available but not a lot.
I'm very encouraged by what I've seen the last few months.
Where did you order the CCI primers from? Because I haven't seen any in stock currently at legitimate places of business.

Where did you order the CCI primers from? Because I haven't seen any in stock currently at legitimate places of business.
I just posted some at Sporsman Fulfillment and Lohman Arms has CCI 200s for about $130

So, they are available, price is just the question perhaps......Theres always Gunbroker too as a very last resort......

Yep. a guy that enjoys hunting deer and Elk, has a few extra few extra bricks of primers on the shelf for a rainy day, god forbid that logic. Kinda hilarious thinking there. Be prepared, stay happy, live a bit longer too.

Do what you want man and don't feel sorry. I am not sure why people on here care about you having components that you paid for. If you want to buy more keep it up it's your prerogative to buy whatever you dang well please.

Because it's the hoarders and scalpers like him that are causing this mess to last longer than it needs to. When H4831SC sells out within minutes, it's not from the dude that needs a 1lb jug to get him thru deer season...

will ferrell panic GIF

An email to their media section would clear this up.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office
Panic Button Netflix GIF by NailedIt

I wish it was a joke!
Here in Australia, ANYONE can make a claim that you have done something bad, apply for an AVO and get it, which is what my now ex-wife has done with zero proof.
I am fighting it, but it is a losing battle.

Cheers.
Oh that happens in the good old USA and had been for decades. The "NEW RED FLAG" laws just make it even easier.

I wouldn't be talking it up on just how much of any item you have. The ATF will be looking at you for sure. I couldn't begin to figure out how you would need 60,000 primers on hand.

its all good I've got right around 60 + thousand rifle primers 25 thousand 209 & 26-27 thousand pistol primers between fed & cci
A guy in Los Angeles had a huge stockpile of ammo in his garage, his house caught fire and after the first explosion the fire department retreated and refused to fight the fire. The house went down, 3 neighbors sued him and won, his insurance company refused to pay the loss and when I moved away he was in a civil action for having so much explosives in a residence. He lost everything. Oh yeah, I forgot, he was also found guilty of felony charges and now can't own a gun, etc. Just sayin'

Last edited:
Didn't I just read on this site somewhere about a new primer company opening in the US?
Not surprised if it will be like Hudson trying to open a new car manufacturer. The establishment will spend 10's of millions on lawyers and politicians until their investors bail or go broke.

Because it's the hoarders and scalpers like him that are causing this mess to last longer than it needs to. When H4831SC sells out within minutes, it's not from the dude that needs a 1lb jug to get him thru deer season...
Hoarders?? I can't agree with that one. After living through the Obama era where I couldn't shoot any of my guns for 1.5 years I no longer blame anyone for stockpiling for times like these. I personally have bought very little since this nonsense started because I bought what I could while Trump was in office.
Scalpers on the other hand they can burn. I am not one to make money off others just trying to get by. But that's my personal take on it.

I wouldn't be talking it up on just how much of any item you have. The ATF will be looking at you for sure. I couldn't begin to figure out how you would need 60,000 primers on hand.
Probably because he wanted them and started the process of saving them decades ago. This year I used up my last primers and powder from 1993. They will divide us from within before they ever attempt to take us over from outside.

could be but at least I'm not worried about vista outdoors not making primers for the general public like a lot of people are.
I've also got about 250lbs of powder so i don't have to worry about hogdon or alliant suddenly deciding they are not going to
sell powder to the general public
please put me in your will!

M
What's worse is the guys that buy up everything in a nanosecond because they have computers set up to do it, and then sell the same stock at 10x the price on GB or other sites. It has become a big part of the problem IMO.

Some people defend this conduct by calling it "good ol' capitalism". I see it differently.
Most of the people on gun broker who sell primers and powder are low life gun shop owners. They ARE getting powder and some primers in. It just doesn't get to there store shelves. And they sell them through third party sellers. Know this is a fact.