I owe myself some WOOD

went to Joe Russos website. Didnt say if her find the stocks or you do, besides the wood I want would be probably $2,000 for the blank

There won't be any factory Pre-64 Model 70s in 25-06.
Yes, thanks.
I noted that after my post, but didn't bother correcting with accurate historical information. I was just thinking about capable cartridges with minimal recoil. I'd bet Winchester also made 6.5 Swede rifles, which is a great cartridge.

went to Joe Russos website. Didnt say if her find the stocks or you do, besides the wood I want would be probably $2,000 for the blank

Joel does all the work. He has blanks that he uses. He's very customer and detailed oriented.

Wenig Gunstocks in Missouri has done a couple of shotguns and one rifle for me. Check out their website
You pick the blank. Any kind of wood. Sky is the limit on price. Look at their wood. Absolutely amazing😁

I have 2 factory rifles
A sako 85 in 30-06 and a cz 550 safari magnum in 375 H&H and both have beautiful wood sticks
The cz is Turkish walnut

Wenig Gunstocks in Missouri has done a couple of shotguns and one rifle for me. Check out their website
You pick the blank. Any kind of wood. Sky is the limit on price. Look at their wood. Absolutely amazing😁
Man I went to their web site and looked at their stocks and just wowed me They have some of the most beautiful woods I have ever seen. Prices are not bad either 1000 up to 5000 but man such beauty amazing all fitted and ready to go. If someone is looking or a beautiful rifle stock you can't go wrong with them. Before buying check these folks out. Some are so beautiful I would be hard pressed to go into the field with them show pieces for sure. If the fellow wanting something heirloom quality these guys are great.

Buy a Ruger Red pad or sort thru used Weatherbys and M 70 Super Grades.

1-15-11027.jpg

IMG_3705 (1).jpg

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 3.37.57 PM.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.