I need a new rangefinder

WeiserBucks

What do you guys recommend? I want something for hunting and banging steel to 1300 yds . No budget in mind , but I'm not going to spend more for something I don't need . I've used a leica 1600b for years but it recently crapped the bed .

I am looking for one also. Actually like the looks of the Leica 2000 B. What did you think about your Leica 1600? I am wondering if their warranty is good??

That's why I need a new one , leica warranty on their electronics sucks . Mine is 6 years old and recently failed. When I contacted leica about the issue, they politely told me I was welcome to buy a new one.

I was thinking that was the case. I saw another comment along the same line. I have a Leupold RX1000 that I was having trouble with. Was able to range some things but not animals. I just sent them back but not expecting much. Also they may not be back in time for my next hunt. Any others you are looking at?

At this point I'm considering a Sig rangefinder. Most reviews are positive and they carry a no questions asked infinity warranty.

I would like the Sig Kilo 2000 but would really like the Sig Kilo 2400. Not sure I want to spend the money on that one though?? Yes the warranty is something that I would consider in a purchase.

That's why I need a new one , leica warranty on their electronics sucks . Mine is 6 years old and recently failed. When I contacted leica about the issue, they politely told me I was welcome to buy a new one.

IIRC (?), it only comes with a 2 year warranty.

My Leica 900 crapped out after 4 years. They sent me a new 1000R no charge.

That's good to know.

My son got me 1600 for my birthday in Oct 2011 and she's still going strong.

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f18/leica-rangemaster-1600-crf-initial-test-80522/

Really like the Sig line of RFs ...

Picked up a Sig Kilo 2000 about a month ago. When they go on sale at Cableas, you can get them for about $350. I haven't use many RF, but I can't imagine you can get a much better bang for your buck than that.

That Sig Kilo is the one I am looking at right now. Sounds like the warranty is great too. I have used a Leica 1600 and it was nice and fast, alot better than my current Leupold.

Bought a Kilo 2000 at the SCI in Feb. have only used it while hiking. Both days
were cloudy. It is fast and was good out to 1200 yards both times. A significant
improvement over my Leupold.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.