I love Hammer Bullets

We hammered a bunch of antelope in WY this past year with the 117 in a 270 Win and 131 in my 7mm Wby Mag.

I have a 1:8 barrel on another 7mm that, once I get the bolt stop adjusted, will be used to try some larger Hammers. Hopefully it works as well as your 7mmSTW. To follow that is a 300 Wby, a 338-06 and a 340 Wby.

Hammer bullets may cost more, but you use so few of them in load workup that I think you may save money in the long term. I think I used 30 in my 7mm, and that was trying a couple of different powders.

If he only gave a discount for bulk orders...

What kind of performance are you getting with this? How did it do on game any pics? Thanks in advance
They all died. :D

Every one of them was a pass through.
Every one was a one-shot kill.
None ran far enough that I had to track them. Most just dropped.
The 270 flipped one over backwards. That was interesting.
We did not take any pics of the in/out wounds, as we were too busy cleaning and hunting. It only takes me 6 minutes to field dress an antelope; my son timed me when I wasn't looking.

They all died. :D

Every one of them was a pass through.
Every one was a one-shot kill.
None ran far enough that I had to track them. Most just dropped.
The 270 flipped one over backwards. That was interesting.
We did not take any pics of the in/out wounds, as we were too busy cleaning and hunting. It only takes me 6 minutes to field dress an antelope; my son timed me when I wasn't looking.
Thank you!!

Well, got about 75 rounds through the .338 norma mag, I think it's time to start load work with the 285 Hammers!! hopefully my results mirror this!!!

I also have some 7mm 143 hammers for a 7mm rem mag and .270 117 hammers for a .270 Sherman to try, and am currently building a 28 Sherman or maybe a 7mm rem mag with 8 twist for my wife and plan on trying the 177 hammers in that. Elk medicine!!

View attachment 120513 View attachment 120514 View attachment 120515 I changed all my hunting rifles over to Hammer Bullets this past year. Attached are photos from load finalization with the 143 gr & 177 gr Hammer Hunter bullets in my 7 STW. The rifle is a Rem 700 rebarreled last year with a 26" Carbon Six (carbon wrapped) barrel with 1:8 twist. I got a new PTG bolt made and just had the fitting/trueing of the bolt completed 3 weeks ago.
It's nice to have bullets going in the same hole!! The chronograph speeds are for the 143 gr Hammer Hunter. An ES of 3 was way better than I expected.
Did I say I love these bullets?!!? Steve fabricates a great product and is extremely helpful when doing load development, although these bullets have been nothing but easy to find an accurate load.
They are amazing you read the posts from the nay sayers my guess is they have not tried them , and are just looking for an argument I have found great accuracy with them with very little effort to the point load development has gotten boring and on game performance is tremendous and the customer service is second to none

They are amazing you read the posts from the nay sayers my guess is they have not tried them , and are just looking for an argument I have found great accuracy with them with very little effort to the point load development has gotten boring and on game performance is tremendous and the customer service is second to none
I would say they are looking for a keyboard fight. I have not read about a terminal performance failure with these bullets. Looks like I need to see if they are accurate in my .264.

Used the Hammer bullet for the first time this past elk season. Custom Douglas 24" 1/8 twist stainless 264 mag on a Win CRF stainless action. Hammer 121 gr 6.5. At about 80 yards through a hole in the brush placed the shot dead center of the shoulder. Only shot I had. DRT with a complete pass thru & out the other side. I normally use the Barnes 120gr TSX but could not get them to give me a decent group in this new barrel. No matter what powder or seating depth. Loaded the Hammer to .020 off & shot consistent 1/2" groups from the start. I still like the Barnes price & dependability but where I can't get a decent group it seems the Hammer brand will fill that gap.

My buddy couldnt get his 30-378 to hold a decent group @ 300 yards. After seeing how easy I was able to develop a load for my 6.5 cm with Hammers, I recommended giving Steve a call. With some advice from a fellow forum member(thnx Stan) as well it was an instant success. First load was .5 MOA @250 yards. In under 10 shots, he achieved a .75" @ 250 yards behind H1000. Incredible bullets, worth every penny! Getting ready to try 117's in my .270 Weatherby Mag next. Haven't tried them on game yet, but have never heard any complaints.

Yup still running hammers. Switched over to the 199s in my .300 win mag. Running them over 3100fps MV. Tally is 6 animals hammered. 2 antelope, 1 Aoudad, 1 Javalina, 1 red sheep ewe, 1 scimitar horned oryx (went to Texas if you couldn't tell) all were pretty much bang flop. Terminal performance was IMHO perfect. Nothing long rang though, furthest shot was 312 yards.