I love horse trading...

Equalizer

Pardon the long story...

I had some "in store credit" at this small local gun shop. I heard through the grapevine that this fella was really hard up for cash and might go tits up. I figured he couldn't pay me in cash so I went to settle up before he disappeared with my money and another gun I had there on consignment.

I walk in and tell the guy (nice guy really) that I want my rig back and that I wanted the funds from the online sale of my rifle. He looks pained and says "ok." I told him I would take payment in the form of in store credit. He brightens up a tad at this. I look on the wall at my rifle and below it is a nice older Ruger M77 (tang safety, red butt pad) with glass on it. I can see the gold ring on the objective bell so I knew it was a leupold. It's chambered in 338 Win Mag.

My gears start turning as I meander down the display case in front of me and my eyes light on a Remington 700 a little further down on the wall. Nice looking rig, also with a leupold scope on it... it's chambered in 264 Win Mag. Hummm

Turns out they are both owned by the same fella and they are there on consignment as well. I look them both over pretty well and discovered the scopes are both vx-3 leupold's from the 80's. The Remington is a classic series made in 1986. Bore and crown are great and it looks unmolested, possibly unfired even.

So as my mind is mulling this all over I looked at the tags and together they are a bit more than my credit. I ask what his bottom dollar is and the guy says he will take $200 less than sticker price on each. That puts me square in position to get both. I looked at the Remington again real hard and decided I couldn't pass on the deal.

So a guy walks in a gun store with nothing and walks out with three rifles lol!!!

Now I gotta get dies and some components but I'm really pumped up about my trade. They are the epitome of classy hunting rifles of yesteryear. Sorry so long winded but had to share.
98B618F0-F24F-4DA4-B8F7-A532B4BAE3C9.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.