I have two new guns for my 2 sons who gets the 300win or the 300 weatherby ?

Maina

A little in put . One son 18 6'5 220 loves to deer hunt can't see him reloading . Good hunter good shot . Son number 2 age 15 6' 0 180 lb great shot loves to reload loves to deer hunt . The can sit on stand all day in freezing temps for days . So not your normal kids

So what's the problem. If the both want the same rifle get rid of the one neither of them wants and duplicate the gift.
Or, have them agree on a target, take the to the range and let them compete for first choice.

The deal I got on the guns was a one time thing so no change out . They are gifts they will get what I give . To me it's deeper choice . I want to see what others think .
To me the older bigger son will never reload could take recoil of the weatheby without a break and just buy bullets at 90.00 a box . The younger son loves to reload and the 300 win would be great for that over the weatherby . The older son could give to rips one gun over the other . I asked the younger one tonight if he could have eather gun what one would he go buy and why . He looked up all the info on the guns rounds ballistics barrel life reloading . I'm leaving it up to him I think . Just like to ask what others think and if I'm going about this wright .

The older son could give to rips one gun over the other . I asked the younger one tonight if he could have eather gun what one would he go buy and why . He looked up all the info on the guns rounds ballistics barrel life reloading . I'm leaving it up to him I think . Just like to ask what others think and if I'm going about this wright .

There's your answer, sounds like a couple of lucky guys! Good job dad.

A little in put . One son 18 6'5 220 loves to deer hunt can't see him reloading . Good hunter good shot . Son number 2 age 15 6' 0 180 lb great shot loves to reload loves to deer hunt . The can sit on stand all day in freezing temps for days . So not your normal kids

I'd give the Weatherby to whichever one reloads ammo...Weatherby ammo is a lot more expensive than .300WM ammo.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.