I blame you Len Backus

I bought all top grade components but I sourced them all second hand and saved probably 75% off the cost new.
I'd be into that. For now I'm going to talk to the wife's stepdad, he has most of the equipment minus what's needed for my specific calibers and hasn't touched it in the twenty years I've been around. If that doesn't pan out I'll look around for some used stuff before buying cheaper new stuff

Welcome to the club. The first part is admitting you have a problem. Now you can start to treat the disease. WARNING, treatment is exspensive and requires alot of time, patience, and focus. Main side affect of treatment is addiction to more treatment.
You forgot to mention the vast amount of "honey do's" you will find your bills are due and payable in full upon demand!

I am not disagreeing. I am just curious. Why? I've noticed that when the question comes up if you only could have one rifle … The consensus here seems to be 300 WinMag.
If you only have one, what would be wrong with one of the 338 cartridges? There is a guy on here who screen name is basically 340 Weatherby. He has a tag line that says: bringing enough gun. 340 Weatherby is enough gun. Why not a 338 cartridge?
375 Ruger is a 30-06 length cartridge. If you're only going to have one, what would be wrong with 375 Ruger?
I mean no offense to anyone. I'm just trying to understand.
For me, the answer would be cost to reload one of the big bores 30 would be smaller and less expensive. Also availability of factory ammo if I needed it 375 would be rare 30 06 or 300 win mag is very common.

First off I'd like to say thank you for having me, so far I've enjoyed the content. But I can't continue without bringing up the elephant in the room though. You all knew this was a trap and no one said anything. Now I obsess every minute of everyday. Now I'm looking to sell a few guns I don't use anymore, my chainsaw and more so I can afford to purchase a better rifle for long range hunting. I currently have a x bolt 30 06 and a cheapo savage axis 6.5cm. Looking at the internet for 7prc every few minutes. Should I go with 6.8 western? 300wm? PRC? 7RM? WSM? 28 Nosler? Who'd have thought it would be so stressful.
It's definitely a deep and expensive rabbit hole and can sometimes be overwhelming. I find myself overthinking more then I ever use to and has cost me more then a few opportunities on animals that before I new all this technical crap and had all this high dollar gear I'd have just pulled up and killed them 99% of the time. But it is an addiction and now there's no going back. It's hard to imagine how all those old timers took suck incredible trophy's back in the day without all this new technology!🤣

It's definitely a deep and expensive rabbit hole and can sometimes be overwhelming. I find myself overthinking more then I ever use to and has cost me more then a few opportunities on animals that before I new all this technical crap and had all this high dollar gear I'd have just pulled up and killed them 99% of the time. But it is an addiction and now there's no going back. It's hard to imagine how all those old timers took suck incredible trophy's back in the day without all this new technology!🤣
They knew how to hunt and stalk!

I'd be into that. For now I'm going to talk to the wife's stepdad, he has most of the equipment minus what's needed for my specific calibers and hasn't touched it in the twenty years I've been around. If that doesn't pan out I'll look around for some used stuff before buying cheaper new stuff
You can always pick up presses, dies, powder measures etc off ebay. That's where I picked up most of my die sets.

Big "30"? Yep. 30.06 and Up. 300 WM is a Plus. Brass is fairly easy to find. There are a number of powders that work fine (long range, hunting) and a Great range of bullets to pick from! Can use both the LR & LRM Primers. Can find used brass (Military), or Range brass from many of the indoor ranges, even outdoor ones! Many do NOT PICK UP THERE BRASS! Something "You" will start to do!
E-bay, yard sales, pondshops!
bottom line, your going to LOVE IT, and HATE IT at the SAME-TIME!

IMO the 06 will do far more than most realize. Maximize your magazine COAL, Hammer bullets like the 166HH or the 180HH with some of the newer powders will surprise on elevated performance. Example: son's 700ADL with 22" stock barrel hit 2900 with 180HH so the the 06 has hidden potential. Just need to find it. My next build will be 06 with added freebore to accommodate the newer heavier higher BC bullets. What's old becomes new again! Brass, powder, LR primers and bullets are there for the grab. Another good reason!!

sorry to tell you this, but it can get worse. I was in good shape for hunting wherever I went. I wanted to shoot more so I got into benchrest competition everything I had was not good enough to compete. here we go $$$$$$$$$ not one but three. no regrets, thats what I enjoy.

I would go with the faster 30 cals . Once you get over a 30 cal recoil goes up . For a lot of people they are better off going to a lighter recoil caliber for better accuracy and they can shoot way more and not be sore

First off I'd like to say thank you for having me, so far I've enjoyed the content. But I can't continue without bringing up the elephant in the room though. You all knew this was a trap and no one said anything. Now I obsess every minute of everyday. Now I'm looking to sell a few guns I don't use anymore, my chainsaw and more so I can afford to purchase a better rifle for long range hunting. I currently have a x bolt 30 06 and a cheapo savage axis 6.5cm. Looking at the internet for 7prc every few minutes. Should I go with 6.8 western? 300wm? PRC? 7RM? WSM? 28 Nosler? Who'd have thought it would be so stressful.
Just got a 6.5 PRC , See how it does.