I blame you Len Backus

First off I'd like to say thank you for having me, so far I've enjoyed the content. But I can't continue without bringing up the elephant in the room though. You all knew this was a trap and no one said anything. Now I obsess every minute of everyday. Now I'm looking to sell a few guns I don't use anymore, my chainsaw and more so I can afford to purchase a better rifle for long range hunting. I currently have a x bolt 30 06 and a cheapo savage axis 6.5cm. Looking at the internet for 7prc every few minutes. Should I go with 6.8 western? 300wm? PRC? 7RM? WSM? 28 Nosler? Who'd have thought it would be so stressful.
Don't forget you will also need a couple of smaller caliber LR rifles ( 6XC- 6BRA ect) so you can practice more with less powder usage! Welcome to our side of shooting.

New wife????
My first wife bought me a Ruger 77R in 338 Win Mag for our first Christmas, she later bought ma shot shell reloader so Im could save money. In 1975 I purchased a Reminton 788 in 22-250 for $70, I told her I would save more money if I reloaded for my rifles also so she wen t along so I could save $ because I now had three rifles to reload for, a Remington 700 BDL in 270 Win. given to me for Christmas my sophomore year of highschool, the Ruger 77 R in 338 Win Mag and The Rem 788 in 22-250, fast forward 47 years and I have more than 50 die sets (and just a few more rifles) never once did my first wife complain about my shooting, reloading or hunting ( although in 1991 when we were supposed to move into the new house I had built in the country , it has a special reloading room which I have outgrown- she refused to move in until after elk season) I guess after 47 plus years I have decided to keep the original 3 rifles and my first wife.

I have my wife convinced I'll need 1-2k for a new scope at some point anyways so that's easy. A new rifle bought with money made from selling a couple firearms and my chainsaw should be pretty easy too. Even if I sell those guns to cabelas I should get close to what I need

I have my wife convinced I'll need 1-2k for a new scope at some point anyways so that's easy. A new rifle bought with money made from selling a couple firearms and my chainsaw should be pretty easy too. Even if I sell those guns to cabelas I should get close to what I need
Keep in mind that on the forum is a online classified area where you may be able to sell your guns

Keep in mind that on the forum is a online classified area where you may be able to sell your guns
Out of state sales aren't ideal though. Plus FFL and shipping brings the cost up and my price down. I'm not trying to get top dollar, I'd like them to move if I were to sell but still it adds complications. I think

Figured this is as good a place as any since I've already go this thread going, not sure if they're longer bullets or just not set so as far into the case as with the prc ect. but can you do that with 30.06? Or would the coal be too long?

Going to take this to a different thread.

Last edited:
As a new member myself, I feel where the OP is coming from 100%. Such a money pit. I love it. Already looking to upgrade stocks on a couple rifles, bought a zeiss, which is high end for my just average blue collar. I came up hunting with lever guns with open sights, and a trusty old 30-06. When that thing got a big dollar ($200 is a big deal when you're 11!) fancy scope on it I was beside myself. Still rocking that old model 70 with a nikon buckmaster on it when the mood hits. I've been reloading for years but didn't know how much I didn't know until I read through this site. This'll keep my money in powder, primers, bullets and new scopes for years & years lol Really enjoy reading through this site and picking up all the info