I am looking for writers to test - Nikon Spotter, Nightforce scope

I am sure you have many qualified members to perform the testing of the fore mentioned scopes, but I would be interested in testing the Nikon entry.

I have a Nikon D90, D5100, and D7000 DSLRs to test out the digi-scoping. I have a Nikon Fieldscope III 20-60 x 60 and a Kowa TSN 82SV 82mm scopes for comparison.

I belong to a gun club that has a 600 yard range and work the Hunter Sight In days every fall and understand the challenges of tracking the shots in various conditions. That Nikon VR would be an interesting exercise.

Appreciate the opportunity.

Len

My name is David. I am a 30 year old police office and have been into longe range shooting for some time now. I load my own ammunition so that I can get the most accurate shots possible. I consider myself as a wilderness survivalist and enjoy being outside as much as possible. I recently had a stroke and I am taking off for some time to recover and get all of my strength back. Thanks to God above I have made a full recovery. If given the opportunity to test either of the products would be greatly appreciated. The opportunity to test either of these products would help me fill a lot of the time I have on my hands right now. Thank you for such a great site and for any consideration that you may give toward selecting me for one of the tests.

Romans 13:4
For he is a minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for beareath the sword not in vain: for he is a minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

Hi Len,
I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to evaluate either scope for you. I have Law Enforcement sniper experience and currently belong to the Long Hammock Shooters Club in central Florida. A couple of our members are long range shooters and would like the chance to see how these products can benefit us.

The Nightforce scope has been assigned already.
=)..................

Nikon has a new VR or Vibration Reduction version of their high-end spotting scope. I have tremendous respect for their VR technology since I use it in expensive camera lenses.

Nikon VR spotting scope

I need someone to test this as a spotter and more importantly to test it for digi-scoping.

Then, Nightforce has a Velocity reticle version of the NXS that has vertical spacing based on the drop of cartridges. They'd like an evaluation article done by a good shooter matching one of their reticles with the shooter's load.

Two different writers may be best in order to move each project along. Anyone interested?

I just received two new rifles, the first is a custom bolt action chambered in 6.5x 284 and the other is an ultralight bolt action chambered in 270 WSM. Both of these rifles would be ideal to utilize in testing the Nightforce Velocity reticle. At present I am working up new loads for both rifles.

I have significant experience shooting with the Ziess Rapid Z Calculator owning two of their Conquest scopes in 3.5x10-50 power and one in 6.5x20-50. Lastly, I have a career of experience in writing and almost thirty years experience cartridge reloading and shooting. If I could be of assistance, it would be a pleasure to conduct field tests with the new Nightforce reticle.

Best regards,

Michael

Rj

Please describe your digiscope experience.

I use a Nikkor 300mm F4 lens on my camera for taking "long range" pictures.

Thus far I have used my "spotting scopes" for target shooting, scouting or hunting and my DSLR & various lens for picture taking. While I see the benefit of using the scope for both, I have to state I do not have first hand digiscope experience at this point.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.