I am looking for a BAT action

best defense

If anyone knows where I can locate a BAT action other than at their web site, I would like to hear about it. I did not want to pay full retail, so a used action would work for me.

BAT actions are indeed pricey,but according to the head load development guy at Sierra Bullets, they are the best actions made period he told me that himself in 2010. I was getting ready to build either a .338 lapua mag or a .338 ultra mag. at the time, we were standing in their shooting tunnel and every action on the wall was BAT. So I asked if they were good and he said the best made and ive shot them all.

next thing he told me about my rifle build was go .338 Lapua over .338 ultra mag, reason was way better brass. So I had Quarter Minute Magnums in Lewiston ID. build me a 338 lapua with 30 inch barrel, shoots lights out and I can get 3000 fps with the Hornady 285 gr. eldm

BAT actions are indeed pricey,but according to the head load development guy at Sierra Bullets, they are the best actions made period he told me that himself in 2010. I was getting ready to build either a .338 lapua mag or a .338 ultra mag. at the time, we were standing in their shooting tunnel and every action on the wall was BAT. So I asked if they were good and he said the best made and ive shot them all.
Did he also tell you that Sierra bullets were the best?

Hi Edd, wasn't there at the time ,but I've taken the tour ,pun intended , Jellyjam got farther then I did ,lol ,But Sierra makes Great bullets ,my lit al 338 w/mag dotes on their 250 ole style MK !,Cheers !

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.