HYDROFORMING DIE for SHERMAN cases

elkaholic

For those of you are shooting Shermans, I was wondering how many of you would be interested in hydroforming your cases? If there was enough interest, I could have Whidden make some up. I have had one for a few years and they work very well. It saves messing with fire forming and wasting components. You can get one made for a 6.5 and simply neck up or down for any of the Sherman case designs. I am still working on head stamped brass, but this might be a good interim option which isn't that expensive and you can use any brand brass.
All you need is a reloading press to mount the die in and a hammer to whack it with:D......Rich

Rich-
Funny you should ask! I was checking out their site the other day and thought a hydro die sounded like a great way to save some time and an extra trip to the range for me. I'm definitely interested!

John Whidden builds some quality dies sets. I had them build a set of custom dies to match two of my rifles that I had chambered in series. Worth the wait and I like Whidden's bushing and expander ball flaoting mount. Eliminates any runout associated with a rigid mount.

I know it's not hydroforming but it's germane to the quality they turn out.

In fact, eventually all my die sets will be Whidden bushing dies..... as I can afford them. They ain't cheap.

Carry on....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.