Huskemaw scope

Cnkhunting

I'm going to be buying a scope for my big game rifle. I'm debating between the huskemaw, nightforce, burris xtrlll. What's the opinions on them? I have not looked through a huskemaw yet but I have heard there glass sucks? I can't imagine they a garbage. Looking to hear what folks say about an upper end quality scope.

I either have or have shot all 3 of those. NX8 4 x 32 is my favorite of them. That being said I shot a buddies Zeiss on his 300 win mag. My next scope purchase will be the Zeiss.

I'm going to be buying a scope for my big game rifle. I'm debating between the huskemaw, nightforce, burris xtrlll. What's the opinions on them? I have not looked through a huskemaw yet but I have heard there glass sucks? I can't imagine they a garbage. Looking to hear what folks say about an upper end quality scope.

I compared one side by outside the store with a Swarovski z5 5-25X52. Both the store guy and I could discern no difference in the glass quality on an eye chart 300 yards away.

The original huskemaw glass wasn't great but the newer blue diamond is much better. I personally prefer nightforce over them. I don't think there's anything wrong with the huskemaw. I just like to keep most of my scopes similar so when you are in a hunting situation and things are happening fast you can work everything without having to look at it or think about it. The huskemaw has 1/3" clicks what isn't the end of the world but just different than most. I do like the wind holds in the reticle. When you get an elevation turret made for your load they even mark in the wind holds on it.

I just finished load work up on one for a buddy to get another turret and really liked the glass. Not sure what model it was but was hitting 3" gongs at 500 meters and seeing vapor trails

I have a Blue Diamond. I really liked it to begin with, but I soon became frustrated with the limitations of the turret system. I got addicted to long range shooting, and I wanted to push further than the turret allowed.

It is absolutely fantastic for hunting. No dope. Just dial, make sure everything is correct, and shoot. I had my turrets cut for where I live and hunt 95% of the time. I am only switching because I want to shoot ELR.

My scope is 9 years old, and the glass isn't great. My friend bought a new one a year ago, and his glass is much better.

In short, it's a good scope to hunt with. If you think you want to shoot and practice at longer ranges, you might look at other options.

I have a Huskemaw 5x30, it's fine for a hunting scope. I will never buy another one due to a horrible experience with their customer service. I rather have a company that stands by their product and helps the customer. Getting yelled at on the phone by their tech guy and arguing about stuff isn't where i want to spend my money. Nightforce and Leupold stand by their products. You never know what's going to happen to your scope while hunting. I would say that if you plan on spending the money make sure you buy from a company that stands by their stuff.

Dmagna,

On my first hunt with my new March the illumination knob disappeared. First hunt. I called March.

The lady was going to charge me about $180 for a new one. When I whined about it being the first hunt she gave me 10% off. Big deal. The money transfer cost another $45, so it still cost $205 on top of $2,550 for the cost of the scope.

I've never handled one. Then again I don't know anyone with police or military experience that has ever advocated for one either. Right or wrong in all things firearms related that's how I first vet firearms or optics.

I have ran a 5-20 blue diamond on my favorite hunting rifle since 2014. I love that rig, the optic has proven to be exactly as advertised. Absolutely reliable, simple to use and accurate. I have had several of both the older single turret and the newer duplex turrets made for me over the years and have always had good interactions with the customer service folks.

Recent Posts