Hunting with E-bikes

I tend to side with MtMuley on this particular subject being a native born and raised Montanan and been hunting all my life as well as working my younger years for an outfitter in hell roaring wilderness area on the edge of yellowstone park. His arguments may not be subtle, but they are to the point. E-bikes have motors, (as quiet as they may be), thereby should be classified as motor vehicles. Do horses make an impact on the land? Yes. But they are not motorized in anyway shape or form(and last I checked walked,be it on four legs)and are an animal and are considered primitive just like the animals that live in these back country areas that are hard to access and should remain that way. There are areas that I hope no man,horse or bike never touch.

I sure don't want to get into the middle of any kind of a dispute over this issue. And I sure don't think issues that pit hunters verses hunters is in anyway a good thing. One statement that has been made several times, is to the effect that times change and we need to move on. It does worry me that if we aren't careful this type of thinking could threaten our rights to hunt and own firearms. Just a thought. Be safe and hope everyone is having a great Independence Day.

@John Murphy, do you use cart with your e-bike? If so, can you please share. Thanks.

Ed
I don't have my own image but here's one from a friend-
101833492_572154646779005_8740414964361543235_n.jpg

My tax dollars pay for interstates, but I can't ride my bicycle on them. I want a refund!!!!! I feel so excluded and offended and discriminated against, and bwwwahhhhh..........:eek:
That is some funny stuff! Nobody pays highway use taxes (commonly called gas tax) on bicycles. Uninformed response, but funny, none-the-less.

But I do pay for trails with my taxes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittman–Robertson_Federal_Aid_in_Wildlife_Restoration_Act

A portion of the Pitman-Robertson act funds are used by States to improve hunter access.

Last edited:
That is some funny stuff! Nobody pays highway use taxes (commonly called gas tax) on bicycles. Uninformed response, but funny, none-the-less.

But I do pay for trails with my taxes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittman–Robertson_Federal_Aid_in_Wildlife_Restoration_Act

A portion of the Pitman-Robertson act funds are used by States to improve hunter access.
I don't have kids. My taxes pay for public education. I want a refund!!! My point is the same, and that is that as a society we pay taxes that provide things for us that we don't all get to or choose to use. Your assertion is that you are entitled to a refund for things that you don't get to individually use. My response is that that is an unrealistic assertion. If you really want to continue to insist on it, then there's no point because I can't fix "that"........

When motorized signed were put up back in the day. Everyone here knows e-bikes is not what they were talking about. E-bikes have no more impact than a regular bike. And if you're argument is people can get back into the woods further than on a regular bike and distribute the wildlife you are rite. But so do people on horses and there allowed. When they said no motorized vehicles we all know what they were talking about, loud, fuel burning, fast motorized vehicles. Just my 2 cents

When motorized signed were put up back in the day. Everyone here knows e-bikes is not what they were talking about. E-bikes have no more impact than a regular bike. And if you're argument is people can get back into the woods further than on a regular bike and distribute the wildlife you are rite. But so do people on horses and there allowed. When they said no motorized vehicles we all know what they were talking about, loud, fuel burning, fast motorized vehicles. Just my 2 cents
Yep, just as I noted in #57.