Hunting rifle sling recommendation

Jeremybj

Hello to all,

I am in the market for a nice sling for my hunting rifle. I currently have the rig setup for swivel studs, but I have the option to go QD flush cup mounts if need be.

right now I am using a cheap Browning branded sling, and it sucks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jeremy

Old style leather military sling with some electrical tape to keep the hooks in place. It's just a sling.
You've never tried the Slogan or similar slings then, have you?

I wouldn't use a leather sling again in the field if you paid me. No more of the constant slipping off the shoulder, ever.

I am trying the Ultimate Sling right now. It is totally non slip and has a double strap so you can put over your head as well in which case the rifle can go no where. Easy to go hands free. So far, so good.

New reply to old post, but I bought one of the Slogan Slings before my Elk hunt in October, and it is the best I have ever used. Stays put, and quickly slips over the head for a super secure way to carry when you have to use both hands for climbing rough terrain or whatever. Lifetime warranty and reasonable price for the last sling you will ever buy.

I too want to buy one. Can you please recommend me one. I don't have specific requirement list. The only thing I want is quality.

I put Browning X-Cellerator shotgun/rifle slings on all my shotguns and rifles. It's the one without the shoulder strap padding. One hand adjustment. I adjust it out to put it over my shoulder or across my back or chest. Then I tighten it up when I get to my treestand or set up on a turkey or get ready to shoot ducks. I hate a sling that hangs loose when trying to use it.

Hello to all,

I am in the market for a nice sling for my hunting rifle. I currently have the rig setup for swivel studs, but I have the option to go QD flush cup mounts if need be.

right now I am using a cheap Browning branded sling, and it sucks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jeremy

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why people who use this site, never go look in Len's Long Range Store (Second drop Down at the top of the page under "REPLY TO THREAD").

It's nice to patronize the site owner's store ocasionally. Besides Len offers a **** nice sling setup that won't carve into your shoulder carrying a heavy stick... at a very good price I might add. I have one (I buy from Len and have for years) and it works extremely well.....

Go take a look and see for yourself.....lightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts