Which Hunting Sling?

TORCHRIDER

I am looking for a good hunting sling for a Savage Hog Hunter in .308. I have heard good things about the below sling, but can't seem to find one at a decent price.

Slogan Outdoors UltraFlex Rifle Sling - www.sloganoutdoors.com

What are your recommendations?

Thanks!

You probably found some of my old posts on this sling.

I'm not sure how much of a discount you want on it. Yes, they're $34.95 each plus Priority shipping on the website. I buy them less at the local sport shows, but of course I pay $10 then for admission to the show. When doing this I can get them for $30 each, maybe closer to $25 each if I buy several at a time but that was a few years ago. So, I don't know of any significantly less expensive way to buy them.

If you buy 3 and ship them all together, for example, its probably your best bet as the shipping cost gets spread among them. I'd call them and ask.

With mine I switched a few of them to Uncle Mike's swivels this year and that seems to work well. You can get them this way direct from the factory too if you call and ask, and the Uncle Mikes are quicker to put on/off a rifle.

This year mine got used in Ontario, Wyoming and of course Michigan. I still very much like them.

With mine I switched a few of them to Uncle Mike's swivels this year and that seems to work well. You can get them this way direct from the factory too if you call and ask, and the Uncle Mikes are quicker to put on/off a rifle.

Thanks for the reply. What kind of swivels do they ship with normally? The Uncle Mikes are quick release, correct? The Uncle Mikes are plastic, are the ones that come on the sling plastic as well?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. What kind of swivels do they ship with normally? The Uncle Mikes are quick release, correct? The Uncle Mikes are plastic, are the ones that come on the sling plastic as well?

Thanks!
Uncle Mike's are metal, and generally quick release. I changed more because of that than because of material.

The ones installed are plastic (poly) but very sturdy. However, to remove them from the rifle you need to unscrew a long fine thread screw and it takes a lot longer than undoing an Uncle Mike's.

As noted, I've heard they will sell them with Uncle Mike's installed, and I would call and ask them for that as well as a quantity discount if that's what you buy.

For most of our hunting the Slogan slings are fantastic. I used them in AK, CO, WY & NM hiking around mountains with a rifle that is just under 8 pounds all in including some ammo on the stock.

It is really nice not to have the sling slip around at all. And the potential to use it in their "back pack" mode does work well crawling on a stalk.

Sure, they are not cheap, but again you do get a quality product that'll serve you well.

Once I switched to the rubber (if that's what it is) of the Slogan I'll never use another leather sling again. Ever. Slippage off the shoulder is virtually eliminated, and I now don't have to constantly keep a thumb hooked on my sling to hold it in place.

My 44 Magnum has a custom leather holster from Shamrok Holsters. That's the only leather I use any more.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts