Rifle sling

ofdscooby

I use a mystery ranch mule for my day hunts hold everything I need and I like the load shelf . However I hate the way it carries a rifle I bought the sling kit and it flat out doesn't work. It constantly fall off my shoulder. I'm wondering if you guys know of any other products that may help. I saw a Kirafu accessory but I'm not sure it looks very comfortable with the rifle being under your arm.

I like this Browning sling. You can lengthen or shorten it very easily, even with one hand. I have these on a couple rifles that I leave on while I hunt. I also do as the others said, with my other slings, on different rifles, and take them off, in the stand.

I'm not familiar with your sling system. I have been using the Slogan sling for several years and am really satisfied with it. It is rubber, and comes with a lifetime warranty. The rubber they use clings to your shoulder, and won't slide off. You can quickly pull one of the straps over your other shoulder (like a backpack), and have both hands free to climb or whatever.

Look at Spec Ops brand slings. The brand name sounds houky, but I've owned several pieces of their gear and been very happy.

i use the patrol sling on a Ruger Hawkeye African.

Also, try carrying your rifle on your front side with tape over the muzzle. It really balances things out.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.