HUNT REPORT - 2013 Wyoming High Country Horseback Mule Deer Hunt

I'm considering the foray into the wilderness Roy......

Their pricing isn't out of line and they have equine conveyance and I am a good rider, thats something we do here all the time in as much as there are 4 or more 'nags' hanging around here at any given time.....

Pricing isn't as good as out upcoming NM mulie hunt but then ir's not on equine conveyance and the terrain is flatter and it's a DIY hunt but 2 of the hunters have been to this area numerous times.

Not sure about sleeping in a tent on a cot. I like the 'finer' things like a Jacuzzi after a trek, room service and a five star beanery.

My issue is I might not be able to do it in 2013. At my stage in life, planning that far out is a crap shoot. I do see they offer refunds if the paid prospect dies prior to or winds up on total disability, a comforting thought.

I guess Len still has all his parts...........:D

As far as smooch'in that nag, not all that sure about it. Horses have fuzzy muzzles.

Len,
3 of us have committed for sure. My money went to Jacob today.
I have been trying to get these guys and myself hooked up to hunt for 3 years now. It should be a great time. I am looking forward to it.

Len,
Based on our conversation this morning my deposit was mailed at the PO this AM. I can't speak for my friend, John, as I had to leave him a message this morning at his office in California. Cheers, Mugz

As soon as the outfitter receives your 5 deposits we are filled up with the groups lead by Muggz and 300...

Len,
3 of us have committed for sure. My money went to Jacob today.
I have been trying to get these guys and myself hooked up to hunt for 3 years now. It should be a great time. I am looking forward to it.

Mine went out today. Jim is mailing his out when he returns on Friday. Should be good to go Len on RH300UM's group.

Mine went out today. Jim is mailing his out when he returns on Friday. Should be good to go Len on RH300UM's group.

This is JIM aka: Trueblue, and mine is mailed out as well.
Looking forward to hunting with my friends !

This is JIM aka: Trueblue, and mine is mailed out as well.
Looking forward to hunting with my friends !

It wil be fun.
I hope this outfitter knows what he is in for.
5 guys who can cover a 1000 yard + raduis to shoot.
If anything there will be alot of discussion about long range rifles and shooting.
I will have to make sure I keep up on my practice shooting.
It is to dry to shoot at steel or rocks now. Another subject though.
I am looking forward to extending and making friendships.
I sure hope Berger has those 195gr. EOL bullets ready so I can use them for this hunt!!!

Last edited:
Len,
Can you get confirmation fron the outfitter that he has received all of our deposits. My friend John Candito has emailed the outfitters several times trying to confirm deposit receipt. I'm posting this so the other guys will get the same confirmation. Its gonna be a great hunt with new friends. Best regards, Mugs

Len,
Can you get confirmation fron the outfitter that he has received all of our deposits. My friend John Candito has emailed the outfitters several times trying to confirm deposit receipt. I'm posting this so the other guys will get the same confirmation. Its gonna be a great hunt with new friends. Best regards, Mugs

PM sent

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts