HUNT REPORT -- ELK - LRH Group Hunt -2013

This is tblount3. And yes I would be willing to come by myself if there is a spot left. Just let me know.

We just had a guy cancel.

There is one spot available. Draw deadline is Jan. 31.

Len

Hornhunter32,

I'm the guy looking for someone to take my spot.

Sent you an email.

thx.

spfarr,

I would be interested in your spot as well!

I sent Len an email just recently telling him the same. I need to know quickly as I need to submit an application for the Special draw today (no pp's for elk!)!!!

Thanks and let me know if your spot has not been filled yet!

Todd

Todd,

thx for your post and pm.
replied to your pm as well.
my spot is still available - i was literally applying online for the draw when i got notice of your post and pm.

please confirm a.s.a.p that you'll take my spot, because i'll only have computer/email access for the next 45 mins.

thx. -sean, cell/text 714-425-8016

Sean,

Enjoyed the visit on the phone! Thanks for the opportunity to take your spot.

My application for the Special Draw is in as of 1545 MST! I will call you tonight to get Len's contact phone # and get all of the other things taken care of... deposits, etc.

Thanks again,

Todd

We just learned of another last minute cancellation.

It is now too late to apply for a tag.

But if you already drew a Wyoming bull elk tag for the "General" area why not join us?

GREAT ELK CONGRATs. I live in the mountians in utah just past Park City at 9000ft, and in the fall I wake up to elk like yours bugleing every morning,n't take this wrong ,your ekk is outstanding!!I'm saying I am very blessed to live where I live to have elk in front of my house one day and the next could be moose ,or a cougar or a monster mule deer..But your elk is outstanding..sniper1221

In case anyone is interested, this is the rifle scabbard I decided on for myself.

trailmax-scabbard.jpg

We now offer them in the LRH Store.

I found a few quotes on this model from some of the LRH members. You can read them at the above link.

Last edited:
Well, I used this scabbard last week. Loved it and so did the guide. Mule Creek outfitters had the smaller version of this one available plus several older style leather scabbards. None would have worked for my rifle with its 26 inch barrel and brake. Oversize bolt and 5-20x50 scope.

Very glad I had my own.

By the way, no scabbard short of a custom, will accommodate an attached bipod. I switched to the quick-detach version of the Atlas bipod this year. Can take it off or back on in about 15 seconds. Just plop the bipod in a big pocket or into your pack while on the horse or while still hunting.

1312-crop-small.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.