HS Precision rifle, pics!

EXPRESS

I've gotten around to taking some pics of my rifle to show on here, hope you enjoy.

It's still "unfinished" I will be adding a bubble lever, cosine indicator and sling before it is complete.

f872f2b7.jpg

f872f2b1.jpg

[ 06-01-2004: Message edited by: EXPRESS ]

VH is yours' in 6PPC? shooting 70gn B-tips I would think so?

Hogs; The stock is comfy, the adjustable cheekpiece is very good, quick to set up or change should need arise, like when you need to remouve the bolt for cleaning.

I find it looks to be a little bit bulkier than the McMillan stocks, though I can't say cos' I've never been able to get my hands on a McM stock here.
It doesn't feel bulky once you snuggle into it though.

I feel the forend may not be quite stiff enough, because there are marks where it has connected with the barrel.

At this stage I'm not keen to do anything about it, becuase the rifle shoots fine and it would mean voiding the warantee on it.
I if I decide I won't ever need to make a claim (very likely) I might install an arrow shaft or alluminuim splint in there and see if that helps.

The only gripe about the rifle is that the whole unit is very heavy and the 8-32x56 has a very narrow field of view, making the rifle unfriendly towards anything but LR shooting or range work.

Express
The Black Mamba has a Rem 40x action and a Hart 6mmAI barrel. Nightforce 12x42x56 is sitting atop of the rig.
Looks remarkably similar to your new rifle, although its hard to see well in that image.

Good shootin' - VH

Varmint Hunter-
Thanks for posting you load data for your black mamba over on the 6mm AI page. It really helped when I did my own load development for mine. Saved me a lot of work.

Ryan,

Glad that the data was helpful. I really enjoyed working with the 6mmAI, it accounted for many longrange groundhog kills.
This rifle is currently getting a facelift. New Shehane Tracker stock and a 30" Lilja 3 groove in 6.5x284.

Guess I'll have to rename her.
grin.gif

VH

Express, the HTR looks just fine and having looked at the posted targets it apears to shoot well too. I have a catalogue from HS and was thinking of a HTR in 6.5x284 but they don't seem to list any of their barrels in 6.5. Do you or any of you across the pond know if they can do one in this calibre. If not I may have to have a re-think and go with a .30 cal.
Thanks Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.