Howa mini actions?

It appears brownells only has the pencil barrel in stock of course lol.. i will check armslist and possibly gunbroker

Thanks for the info. I intend to load the 85g hammers. Was told I should be able to reach or exceed 3000 fps with those.
Thanks for the info. I intend to load the 85g hammers. Was told I should be able to reach or exceed 3000 fps with those.
I don't think you will be able to outdo the 97gr absolute.
Butter bean and I had a going debate of which would be faster.
Zen archery was able to squeeze more out of the absolute with a heavier weight.
I broke 3k fairly easy. But you also wouldn't do bad with 85gr and some 8208

I don't think you will be able to outdo the 97gr absolute.
Butter bean and I had a going debate of which would be faster.
Zen archery was able to squeeze more out of the absolute with a heavier weight.
I broke 3k fairly easy. But you also wouldn't do bad with 85gr and some 8208
Thanks for the info, I'll probably try both.

Mini actions are great. I'd probably trust tikka to make the more accurate barrel, YMMV. Usually 223 CTRs online if you want a heavier barrel model.

Think I should really try to find the 20" heavy barrel version or just get the 22" sported profile that's on brownells? I like the heavier barrel but also very impatient. Could order one of the HB off gunbroker if I had to. The sported barreled action is in stock at brownells currently

I have the 22" 223, it's not as thin as you would think. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the sporter contour again.

I also have the 20" 6.5 Grendel, it's not as heavy as you would be led to believe either.

You won't be disappointed with the 22" threaded, if you are worried, have it chopped and threaded or screw on a prefit later.

I'm getting 2993 with the 85 HH but in CZ 527. 24 inch barrel. Haven't tried in howa. Shooting 99 HH in it at 2780. using Power Pro V. Alliant powder. I've killed two song dogs and seven point with the CZ ,very impressed. Problem with to many rifles is you can't hunt with all of them at once. CZ is dead nut accurate, even more so than the Howa and I tend to pick it up unless going somewhere there may be really long shots.

I'm getting 2993 with the 85 HH but in CZ 527. 24 inch barrel. Haven't tried in howa. Shooting 99 HH in it at 2780. using Power Pro V. Alliant powder. I've killed two song dogs and seven point with the CZ ,very impressed. Problem with to many rifles is you can't hunt with all of them at once. CZ is dead nut accurate, even more so than the Howa and I tend to pick it up unless going somewhere there may be really long shots.
I'd be curious what you could get for speed out of that thing with 97gr and rl10 with that 24"
My 16" mini breaks 3 k and my two ar's with 18" barrels get 2960fps

I'd be curious what you could get for speed out of that thing with 97gr and rl10 with that 24"
My 16" mini breaks 3 k and my two ar's with 18" barrels get 2960fps
CZ is a slow gun, has been sense I bought it new. Thought it would speed up after couple of hundred rounds but hasn't. CZ makes or did make some tight rifles. I suspect the howa would shoot as fast or faster. only shoot little over2400 with 123 SSTs. Can't put anymore powder in the case.