How to know it is Spring in Cody, Wyoming

Your on a hunting and shooting forum. I don't know what you thought you were going to find...
How is hunting and shooting related to a 2000 year old fictional book and some blowhard wannabe billionaire from NYC?
I'm certainly no fan of liberals or Biden but don't see how liking long range shooting would equate in any way to aligning with trump or religion.

Easy. I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say the majority outdoorsman probably identify as conservative or at least vote that way. Mr. Trump is the candidate that represents the GOP who generally "represents" conservatism on paper. Since we are in a two party country run by lunatics, you have two choices. The party that says they won't go after your way of life or the ones that are open about it.

And... just because you have conservative values doesn't mean your a Bible thumping maga republican so relax.

Whatever you are, sounds like Cody doesn't want you.

There definitely was some thread drift here, okay?
But now, NOW you, 69precision, are hijacking my thread.
You should take a timeout for some serious introspective reflection.
Happiness comes from within us as humans.
To me, you come across as an unhappy person.
I wish you well, elsewhere.

Back to grizzlies and spring….

Well, at least here the last spring storm was only a few days ago, and if you turn around and look over your shoulder you look into a bear pit. Actually looking down the hill in front of you is a bear pit, too. We accounted for 9 of them within view of this place during elk season 2023.
1715817527521.png

There definitely was some thread drift here, okay?
But now, NOW you, 69precision, are hijacking my thread.
You should take a timeout for some serious introspective reflection.
Happiness comes from within us as humans.
To me, you come across as an unhappy person.
I wish you well, elsewhere.

Back to grizzlies and spring….
Well the reflective introspection is what got me to this way of thinking of how conservative values have somehow become represented by trump, Boebert, and mtg. A far cry from someone like John McCain.
Fair point though, your thread, apologies for the hijack.

mbmtb, you under emphasized some of the positive features.

Wind (frequently 60mph), cold (down close to -50F the last few winters), grizzlies (on every western mountain range), 100+ miles for good shopping (and no Costco in the state!), rattlesnakes and scorpions, clouds of mosquitos come July, snow drifts as high as houses, constantly closed roads due to blizzards and/or winds that roll tractor trailers. And then there are the spring floods. EV chargers are not close enough together for you to get all the way across the state. Besides that where else can you go a half hour from town for a short meeting, and because a ground blizzard sprang up, causing a whiteout and closing a pass road, you have to drive an extra 250 miles to detour back home that afternoon!?

L2land, with the above examples, maybe you can improve your sales pitch.
Sounds like heaven compared to the environment here (NY)

We grill all year long. I may be wearing a parka and Muck Boots some days, but I git r done!
The coldest we have grilled was about -30 F. We shoveled the deck, put a salmon on the grill and waited forever for it to get done. We had a steady wind of 25 to 30 MPH and the grill would not stay hot. But the beer never got warm. :) The salmon finally did cook.

Plenty of those days. Not in the spring thankfully, only the dark months. The first Thanksgiving I lived here it was -30 that day. That charcoal turkey on my Weber took a while! Low and slow whether I wanted to or not. 🤣 you gotta drink your beer fast when it's that cold