How to Hunt Antelope at long Range

I was looking at the draw odds and honestly have no clue how to make heads or tales? also I was kinda under the impression that pretty much there was enough tags you apply pay and get a
tag? not to much on points?

I have til the end of September to buy points it looks like. Where can I find a map of the units for antelope??

Download the nonresident booklet from the website and there is a map as well as the season dates. The dates are fairly steady from year to year. Somewhere MachV posted up a map he colored in kindergarten of the units that are easy to draw. Run search under his name and the antelope forum section and the word "map" and you may run across it.

Wyoming Game and Fish also has last years draw odds on the web site. It tells how many permits are available in that area and how many people applied for that area. Drawing odds go back to 2005 for all areas.

Last edited:
Great info, I'm going on my first hunt this fall. I do have a question. What is the measurement of a good shooter from top of the back to the chest line just behind the front leg?

Im trying to plan a trip for a friend and myself for nest years season. My question is how do you go about deciding what area to apply for and which private land to try and get permission for? Also is it possible to get a buck and doe tags? any other info is greatly appreciated!!

i hunt in the sw corner of ab menyberries. Got my draw first went down there and drove around till i saw some antelope figured out whos land there on ask perrmission and go hunting .Only one person said no the antalope move around lots so its hard to plan a hunt ahead of time .public grasing leases are good hunting as well lots of presure can be good and bad .

where are you going to hunt ?gun)

I think were goin to go with 31 or 32 and maybe 23 as our third choice. Is there options for small game as well??

Jack Rabbits are open year round, coyotes are open year round, priarie dogs are open year round, foxes are open year round. Cotton tail rabbits are in season only, badgers are classified as fur bearing and require license. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info I was thinking maybe being optimistic but if we filled our tags and had time left could shoot some rabbits or grouse. Coyotes would be fun but that gets expensive with a RUM

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.