How old are these cans of powder?

Leaf Litter

I can't seem to find any info on Dupont IMR can designs over the years. I found these in my late grandpa's basement, no clue if it's even the original powder inside. Just curious about age. I've verified that the primers work already.

Attachments

• 20230415_111657.jpg
    20230415_111657.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 178
I'll grab a photo later…

I have in my basement an unopened can of H570, a long discontinued powder.

In pencil, on the side of the can, is scribbled

"Big Chief, May 1964" haha

This powder turns at least 60 years old next year haha.

I have no idea who the "big chief" from the side of the can was but it's sobering to
Think that if he wasn't a young fella odds are he's not with us anymore and I have his powder…hope it's not haunted 🤣😬

I can't seem to find any info on Dupont IMR can designs over the years. I found these in my late grandpa's basement, no clue if it's even the original powder inside. Just curious about age. I've verified that the primers work already.

Older than when I started hand loading in the late '60's!

The bullets shown are relatively new however! 😂 memtb

I'll grab a photo later…

I have in my basement an unopened can of H570, a long discontinued powder.

In pencil, on the side of the can, is scribbled

"Big Chief, May 1964" haha

This powder turns at least 60 years old next year haha.

I have no idea who the "big chief" from the side of the can was but it's sobering to
Think that if he wasn't a young fella odds are he's not with us anymore and I have his powder…hope it's not haunted 🤣😬
Assuming the "powder" is not his cremated remains..👻

Be careful of the one with the writing on it if you were hoping to use it. It might not be what the can states. Really cool cans otherwise.

I have some older metal cans and some that are some kind of waxed paper from when my father, who is now 83, was loading in his 20s and 30s. Have some old bullet boxes too.

Hoping to have a chance to set up a neat little display section on my bench one day...
I really like the old cans. Hope you share pics once you get it together.

I have some older metal cans and some that are some kind of waxed paper from when my father, who is now 83, was loading in his 20s and 30s. Have some old bullet boxes too.

Hoping to have a chance to set up a neat little display section on my bench one day...
I gotta get some of these vintage tins (and wax papers) to my mother - she loves antiques of this sort of nature, not so much fancy China or old vehicles but she's got a decent collection of old grandfather clocks, oil lanterns, coffee cans, a really old ROGERS golden syrup can haha, some Coca Cola wood crates, pipe tobacco tins, stuff like that. These would fit right in among that stuff