How much would you pay for one of these...

How much would you pay?

• $600-900

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • $900-1200

Votes: 45 22.7%
  • $1200-1500

Votes: 45 22.7%
  • $1500+

Votes: 69 34.8%

• Total voters
The only thing you left out of the features is the integrated shooting bench. Who could be expected to shoot over 100 yards without a bench? All kidding aside, I have to agree with many of the comments that have been made. A tool like this would be useless in the hands of a person inexperienced in long range shooting. It would be like giving my 6 year old son a Hummer to replace his 5 hp go-cart. lightbulb
For those who are experienced in shooting past MPBR, it would be a wonderfull tool to help make that kill at extreem long range.gun)

Ive costed it out and basically it boils down to this... im not prepared to put up the large sums of cash (100`s of thousands) required to make it happen. The technology is readily available, and quite cheap in terms of components. But the tooling up and everything else required to make it happen in volumes is just too expensive for my wallet. Another alternative would be to wholesale buy LRF`s from existing manufacturers, and modify them. Each one would need to be done by hand and its very labour intensive, i cant see it being profitable.

Instead, ill take a step back and simply lobby existing manufacturers like swaro, zeiss and leica, who already have everything in place, to simply give us what we need instead of half baked useless "ballistic curve" units... make some noise at the next SHOT show people... tell them what we need!

I think before too many people get excited about these type of tools manufactures need to get real about the warranties they offer. I think zeiss is the only one that has a good warranty on their bino/range combo units. The rest offer 2-5 years on the electronics part and expect it to appeal to Joe consumer who is sacrificing a months wage to buy the dang thing.

Sounds similar to what the Huskemaw guys have been talking about for over a year.

Zeiss only give 2 years warranty on their rangefinder products also...lifetime on everything else... gotta read the fine print :cool:

I spoke to the Kestral guys a month or so ago and they have partnered with Horus to deliver a Kestral with ballistic software. Not everything we would like but starting to get there. I also just got an update for my Loadbase Mobile that lets it talk via bluetooth to a Kestral. I personally think the loadbase software substantially superior to the others, most of which use the point mass software as their base. Of course there is always the BORS from Barrett, which I am tempted to try. After all, one person can't run the glass and the gun at the same time. Oh, that's the ticket - put it all in the rifle scope. Isn't bushnell trying? Haven't played with it and probably won't. I like my NF optics too much.

I would be willing to pay about $1200 for the package if it was proven in the field and came with a decent warranty + software upgrades, etc.

On the other hand, I don't think that's a reallistic sell price unless/until the market leaders feel the pressure to provide such a solution at that price point.

I would gladly pay $1,500 + if it is upgradeable for the ballistics software and its laser dispursion is small enough that I can accurately range a smallish target like a deer or coyote.

I own a Swaro and it disappointing in its ability to range smaller targets at distance, even if its a bright white piece of aromor plate steel.

JeffVN

Sharpman,
If you already have experience in shooting out to 2000 yards, and have a need for a product like this, I would say you probably already know the basic rules of marksmanship.

trueblue

Well...let's just put it like this:

I've got ENOUGH experience to know that there isn't any 'gadget' made that's going to solve the problems of shooting at 1000 yds. or 2000 yds.!!

I was just hoping for a bino/laser the size of my 10x32 el,19oZ. Instead of the 32 oz. geovids, that is what my spotter weighs. You Know they can do it, the Leica 1600 is 8oz.tThat is 27 oz combo, and youcant tell me that sharing glass, housing etc, that it cant be done

Well it looks like they are making close to what you are looking for.G7 BR 2 IN THE hunting video library, From gunwerk-gseven.com

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts