How many purposes for your rifle?

Rifle purpose

• One rifle, one purpose. Master one, don't jack all.

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Hunting rifles and target rifles

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Each cartridge/rifle can do a few unrelated things

Votes: 30 46.2%
  • I have one rifle that does over 80% of all my shooting

Votes: 18 27.7%

• Total voters
My current stable of rifles is a 22-250 for varmints only, 6.5 CM for deer/target competition rifle, 284 win for deer/elk rifle.

I want to add a 375 ruger as a dedicated elk rifle.

One rifle does all for my needs from plingking with cotton loads, long range target and thick skin take down in the back wood buck brush.

Each person needs too plan out their needs and choose cartrage that will fit those needs.

100gr to 220gr rifle gets my critter from small to large.

Find what works is old school since it saves on funds and one gets to know the firearm as a best friend that is always there.

Pal Don

My current stable of rifles is a 22-250 for varmints only, 6.5 CM for deer/target competition rifle, 284 win for deer/elk rifle.

I want to add a 375 ruger as a dedicated elk rifle.
I'll give you fair warning. The .375 Ruger is as addictive as crack. I own more rifles in more calibers than any three men need and I absolutely love the .375R.

I have the 20" M77 Alaskan and like it so much I'm giving serious consideration to taking one of my model 70's and building a long range version with a 28" barrel.

Put a good muzzle brake or suppressor on it and even the 300gr bullets are fun to shoot and it has more than ample energy to take anything on the planet with a single well placed shot and the right bullet.

You should build your barrel for this bullet,
no clue what twist it needs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160826-053341.jpg
    Screenshot_20160826-053341.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 87
I'll give you fair warning. The .375 Ruger is as addictive as crack. I own more rifles in more calibers than any three men need and I absolutely love the .375R.

I have the 20" M77 Alaskan and like it so much I'm giving serious consideration to taking one of my model 70's and building a long range version with a 28" barrel.

Put a good muzzle brake or suppressor on it and even the 300gr bullets are fun to shoot and it has more than ample energy to take anything on the planet with a single well placed shot and the right bullet.

Wild I have been reading lots of your comments about it. Kind of confirmed the decision for me. I've been looking at it in the Savage Bear hunter

These might be interesting out of a 375Ruger the 325 grainer would likely be better out of it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 86
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.