How light is your trigger

2 ounces on my benchguns, all Jewell...only one mishap, set it off with my shirt sleeve !! Only once, range master was not happy !

I run Timney on all of my hunting/target rifles. About half are the 510/512, and the other half are the CE. All set between 8oz & 1.5#.

For Model 70 Winchester shooters. Recently installed a Timey trigger adjusted to 2.5# on my Model 70(original style). It will adjust down to 1.5#. Easy to install and absolutely the nicest trigger I have used on a Model 70. IMO.

On my M70 7mm rem mag I have the factory trigger worked to 2.5 lbs. My 6.5x47L deer rifle is set at 2 lbs. My prairie dog rifles are at 1.5 lbs.

When shooting off the bench working up loads, I set my triggers(Jewells, Canjar Benchrests, Jards) around 9-10 oz but turn them up to 14-16 oz for hunting! My Timneys run 1.25 to 1.75 lbs.

I like a 2.5lb trigger. I like to put my finger on the trigger and feel it then a little squeeze and BOOM. I can not feel a 2 lb and under before it goes off.

Just swapped the trigger on my mil spec 300 win mag and wondering if I maybe went a little light with the pull weight
I think the heaviest trigger I have is a bit over 20 ounces with the exception of one of my 300wm's that I use when it's cold enough for me to have to wear heavy gloves, it's probably about 3lbs.

I need to get a new trigger pull guage one of these days to get it more accurate. I know that they are far too light to suit most people used to shooting factory set triggers.

I know that they are far too light to suit most people used to shooting factory set triggers.

This ^^^^....my 2 main hunting rifles both have Jewell triggers set at 1.5#, and almost everyone that tries them out says I'm crazy for hunting with those light triggers. I just shoot so much better with a lighter trigger and I'm accustomed to them. One thing I always do though is to give anyone who is going to shoot one of my rifles a warning about the trigger and insist that they dry fire once so they'll know what to expect.

This ^^^^....my 2 main hunting rifles both have Jewell triggers set at 1.5#, and almost everyone that tries them out says I'm crazy for hunting with those light triggers. I just shoot so much better with a lighter trigger and I'm accustomed to them. One thing I always do though is to give anyone who is going to shoot one of my rifles a warning about the trigger and insist that they dry fire once so they'll know what to expect.

That's exactly what I do......Don't want any surprises!

Same here, it's just the responsible thing to do.

Since I have been grown up with ultralight set - triggers in the 1970 -1980 I'm using today triggers, which are usually set to 800 gram = 1,8 lbs. That gives me the opportunity of very precise trigger handling while maintaining safety. Classic set - triggers are not safe enough for hunting IMO, so I don't use them anymore.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.