How is StaBall 6.5 working out?

2930 w/ 24" barrel. 43.5gr H4350 Remington Brass
Tikka CTR Loaded a bit long at 2.850", still fits in the magazine. Way longer than COAL in Barnes data though. And their factory loading. Still jumping .070 in the Tikka.
Seems fast (too fast?), but primers aren't flat, no ejector swipes, no sticky bolt..... 🤷🏼‍♂️
ES 9
SD 3.4
How can I not run with it?
Good morning Marc.
My Tikka 6.5 CM likes 43.0 grs. H4350 with 143 ELDX.
Superformace and H100V were accurate also and those two had highest velocities. I haven't tried RL23 or RL26 in the CM. I was thinking might be to slow at the time. I rarely shoot my Tikka 6.5 CM. I love the rifle. Last time I used was 2022 on a whitetail doe. Before that was 2018 on 2 whitetail does and a lope doe. My 6.5 PRC Ridgeline gets a lot of use though. I like how both rifles have long mag and barrel throats like you said .
I have quite a bit of 6.5 Staybal but haven't triedit in anything yet 🙄 I have 3 pounds of the Staybal HD that I wasn't to try more on a few different cartridges.

Good morning Marc.
Superformace and H100V were accurate also and those two had highest velocities. I haven't tried RL23 or RL26 in the CM. I was thinking might be to slow at the time. I rarely shoot my Tikka 6.5 CM. I love the rifle. Last time I used was 2022 on a whitetail doe. Before that was 2018 on 2 whitetail does and a lope doe. My 6.5 PRC Ridgeline gets a lot of use though. I like how both rifles have long mag and barrel throats like you said .
I have quite a bit of 6.5 Staybal but haven't triedit in anything yet 🙄 I have 3 pounds of the Staybal HD that I wasn't to try more on a few different cartridges.
With a 24" barrel and 6.5 sta bil with the barnes 127 LRX bullet, you will be able to easily get close to 2950 FPS with great performance on game.

With a 24" barrel and 6.5 sta bil with the barnes 127 LRX bullet, you will be able to easily get close to 2950 FPS with great performance on game.
Thank you. I think the Tikkas have a 24.5 in. barrel so that's good. I chronographed a lot of loads and one round from at least 10 different factory loads when I first got the rifle in 2018 . I worked on for a year then just kind of abandoned the 6.5 Creedmoor and worked on other rounds. I like it but I just feel better with larger Calibers here if you know what I mean. I have some 127 Barnes LRX I had bought and tested with a couple powders. The 124 Hammer shot good also. The 143 ELDX at the time the best. Funny thing. I had a TC compass with 22 in. Barrel and still have a TC Encore 28 in. Hunter barrel , both 6.5 Creed I was using chrono on also. Same loads. 6 in. barrel difference. Only a little more that 100 fps difference. Told me you only need 22 in. barrel for full burn on a 6.5 CM. Now you guys have me interested in working with the CM again 😉

Now you guys have me interested in working with the CM again
I just picked one up. Wasn't happy with 6.5 staball in my 7-08 but may have to try it in the CM.
I like it but I just feel better with larger Calibers
Mine will probably just poke holes in paper and chip paint on steel.

Did you get a Tikka ? I will eventually try the Staball HD in something. Have at least 8 pds I counted of reg. Staball I counted. All un opened. I was buying when I was working part time at a sporting goods store cause of 20% off.

Good morning Marc.
I also like something bigger for elk, wife and I have 3 .300 Win Mags between us, but for deer and antelope the 6.5ManBun is a handy little easy to shoot cartridge and the 127 LRX just seems to kill the shiznit out of them.

We have killed a bunch of deer and antelope with it, only recovered one bullet because they always exit. Wife found where it went into the dirt and dug it up. Looked just like the picture on the box.

You know how much the little blue plastic tip weighs? About .4 grains.

Attachments

• Resized_20201115_152234.jpeg
    Resized_20201115_152234.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 40
I also like something bigger for elk, wife and I have 3 .300 Win Mags between us, but for deer and antelope the 6.5ManBun is a handy little easy to shoot cartridge and the 127 LRX just seems to kill the shiznit out of them.

We have killed a bunch of deer and antelope with it, only recovered one bullet because they always exit. Wife found where it went into the dirt and dug it up. Looked just like the picture on the box.

I used a Barnes 100 gr. TTSX on a couple doe lope and whitetail last year in a 257 Weatherby I won. I tested it and 101 Barnes LRX. TTSX a hair better group. I've shot Barnes TSX, TTSX and LRX in 30 cal, 7mm, 6.5 , 25 cal and 6mm since 1980. Had great accuracy and success with them. I have even shot the old Barnes x made in Indonisia . Been with them since the start though every one of their bullets. When the produced the TSX then few years later the TTSX and then the not too impressive LRX . I've used them all. From TTX on with good results. Started using Hammers. Totally different concept but great results with both. I too like small Calibers for lope and whitetail does. I may use this year one a doe. Maybe a 127 LRX . Maybe if I can work up some loads. 😉

Yeah that TTSX is lethal. I run it out of my 308 at 3130 FPS with a 18" barrel bolt gun. Deadly accurate also. Good to about 550 before it goes below 1800 FPS.