How are you new members finding us?

Just managed to have a quick look around the forum, already know ill be back often.
Came over from www.snipershide.com
Im by no means new to long range shooting. But long to me means 5-600meters
Im just in the process of building a heavy .308 to do some more shooting, only mistake I have made on this project so far was to order a 1:12 barrel.

Lostsheep

Not sure why a 1/12" barrel is a mistake on a 308 (I assume Win)? It would seem like the perfect twist. I should stabilise a bullet up to 190gn, and if you want a heavier bullet than that, you probably want a bigger case.

Fergus

I guess that's trye, I don't plan on shooting anything heavier then a 175
So It should work fine.
Is it worth while to keep it 27.5" long, or should I cut it down to 24"?

I plan on keeping it as long as possible!

Steve

Welcome to LRH.

You'll find that the use of Sierra Matchkings on game is more widely accepted here. I think you'll like it round here.

By the way, nice web site.

Hi all, and thanks for the welcome...

A warm handshake is a lot better than a cold shoulder...grin...

Glad you liked my site...

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: ricciardelli ]

Couple of guys posted links in one of the backbiting sessions over at shooters concerning LRH. Happy to be here! Jeff
grin.gif

Hi guys, I believe I this site was mentioned on the benchrest sight a few months ago. I've been around since then and finally decided to sign on after the uproar on the MK's at the brand X sight last week. Nice to find some guys who understand that game can be taken cleanly beyond the distance some can comprehend. Keep up the good work!
Dan

I found this site when I was searching for reloading information .I have to say that the other people here have been very helpfull.Its good to see a site where experienced people openly share information with the newer shooters.

I found this site shortly after it started. Dave King put a post on the SniperCountry Duty roster and I've been popping in and out since then. I find this to be an excellent forum, with outstanding people.. Very well done.

FatBoy...

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.