Hot weather hoodie advice

Here is the Sun shirt that started it all! Its called Fish Hide Sportswear. My buddy started this company many years ago to keep sun off while fishing and have pockets in extreme heat off in the Texas marsh. It also has thumb holes for top of hand protection and lens cloth. Since then all the big brands have taken note and added such features where none existed at the time of introduction. Anyway, check out the "Heavy Pine" and "Mangrove" camos
https://fishhidesportswear.com/t/camo-original

1684761981672.png

Some have orange on the back that was intended to keep boats from running over wade fisherman and keep duck hunters from shooting us....LOL
Yall enjoy
James

Kuiu has a lot of gear made for the desert climate. I have a few different types and styles of their gear. Breathable and UV protection are a must. Kuiu seems to do their homework on field conditions and I have not been disappointed. Wish I could wear them to work. I can't find my catalog right now and can't remember the line names.
its the Gila line from Kuiu. Awesome stuff and no face mask like Sitka. The Kuiu work out tops are very similar and work just as good. I'm in AZ and we know hot. 😁

Curious why you would wear a hoody in hot weather.
A few reasons,
A light breathable hoodie keeps the sun off the skin and allows the body to sweat at a more gradual rate and cool down. Exposed skin releases moisture faster and doesn't cool you off as fast so you stay hot and lose more moisture from your skin.
In my experience, there is a significant advantage to being fully concealed when stalking deer during the archery season.
Lastly, it helps keep the mosquitos and other critters off my neck and arms.

Honestly the Outdoor Research ones are the lightest, but their color and patterns leave something to be desired.

I have the regular Kuiu ones which I like other than the fact that (like all of Kuiu products) the hood is way too short. I recently ordered one of their "Pro" versions with the mask, pocket and under arm mesh. Sent it back immediately, do not bother. I actually felt hotter after putting it on. If you want a neck gaiter just buy one separately.

Born Primitive just added a couple to their Outdoors line. I might try one of those next because I have been happy with their other equipment and sort of getting away from Kuiu.

Looking into a long sleeve hoodie for earlier hot weather hunting. I notice stone glacier makes a new one called the Avro and firstlite came out with a new one as well. I'm open to other brands just looking for some input and experiences for hot weather clothing
What type of hot? Dry vs Humid? Cool at first an

Excuse the above, I hit PR before typing…..

I live in FL and have learned to wear the long sleeve performance type wear with hoods a lot. It's pretty much standard issue wardrobe for me when I'm at the beach, on a boat, at the lake, taking a jog in the sun, fishing, hunting early season, etc. I have seen older family members get cut on too much by the docs and I'm trying to avoid down the road issues, where possible.

Anyway, I have a lot of Kuiu Gila and really like it. Heck, I swim with it on frequently….seriously though, I have other brands from Kuhl, Huk, Columbia, Sitka, and a few Amazon knockoffs and they are all about the same. My ego gets the Kuiu for hunting but the stuff works well.

Like 7mm stated, I like the hoods but the built in face masks, like Kuiu's new Gila Pro is a bit much for humid, high heat as it's "too much" around the neck and annoys me. It might be better in drier climates or <80F but I haven't tested it that way, yet. I like Sitka's mask concept better, as I can keep it behind my head if needed but not forced to use it like the Kuiu GP.