Hot weather hoodie advice

dnb86

Looking into a long sleeve hoodie for earlier hot weather hunting. I notice stone glacier makes a new one called the Avro and firstlite came out with a new one as well. I'm open to other brands just looking for some input and experiences for hot weather clothing

Kuiu has a lot of gear made for the desert climate. I have a few different types and styles of their gear. Breathable and UV protection are a must. Kuiu seems to do their homework on field conditions and I have not been disappointed. Wish I could wear them to work. I can't find my catalog right now and can't remember the line names.

I used this stuff this past season on a ML hunt in Kansas…hot as balls in September. They worked really well and I did like the integrated face mask. I kept it down at times but up at times as I was hunting close quarters. I can't tell if the bug fabric worked but I did like that they're designed to help keep ticks out with tight fabric where it helps.

I've tried them all and if you sweat a lot, the best I have found is Sitka's Core Lightweight Hoodie. Super light and comfortable and best part you can wear it for a few days before it starts smelling. Polygiene I believe is what is in it and it works.

I will throw another vote for the Sitka lightweight hoodie. I have tried a variety of other options during California archery season where its not uncommon to have 109 degree days and hands down the Sitka hoodie is the best! No stink, great ventilation, half zip on the chest and a built in face mask. Perfect for archery.

Curious why you would wear a hoody in hot weather.
Most people wouldn't. I hike almost everywhere for hunting. Any hunt that's 80 degrees to 120 degrees, I'm not wearing a warming layer. For comfort and for safety. I'm not trying to catch that silver bullet.

There's other ways over covering up sun exposer. Hooded shirts with UV protection work. So do boonie caps, buffs, wraps, a spare shirt, bandana, etc.