Hot New TAC15/15i Arrows

Goody Goody Yum Yum!

200 II Aerobolts arrived. Individually weights labeled on each arrow, spine indexed.

My 6 weights start at 371.8gn and end at 372.7

Less than 1gn difference accross half a dozen!!

A fletching jig, a dozen arrows, firenocks, batteries, endcaps, inserts, and a 100 or so aerovanes!

I call it a Christmas entree!

Thanks Dorge, the kit is fantastic!

Hi Cosword,
Please take my advice and don't shoot more than one of those arrows at the same spot on your target. Put up a few different spots and only shoot one arrow per spot.

i know that sounds a bit extreme, but once you get them sighted in and tuned for your crossbow they are way to costly and way too accurate to be blowing them up on your target. That's exactly what will take place if you try shooting any groups with them out of a TAC15/15i.

Dorge is going to have to begin putting warning or disclaimers on these arrows or it's going to cost him a fortune in replacements.

Regards,

Jon

I thought I'd ask this question here rather than bothering the busy Dorge direct - there's a wealth of information available from members so I'm fairly optimistic :)

I've been trying to get my head around the nock end of the ordering process in order to figure out an order for some AeroBolts for a TAC 15.

What I'd like to end up with is spine-indexed, 3-fletch (I know this has implications :D) bolts with red Firenocks

Based on the order page choices I think the configuration I need is;

• Length : 26"
  • Spine Indexed : Yes
  • AeroInsert : DA Aluminium
  • AeroPoint size : 9mm, 100g
  • Nock Style - YES : D 0.155" - 0.165" serving OD, 0.300" ID (this is the right style choice isn't it?)
  • Extreme Shock - YES : Include XF and install it (I'm not 100% sure whether this should be XC or XF. I *think* it should be XF)
  • AeroVane : AeroVane II
  • Vane configuration: Standard 3 vanes 120 degrees
  • vane colours and so on....

If anyone who is using firenocks/aerobolts with their TAC could give me a sanity check, I'd sure appreciate it.

Hi darrene,
The nock size is correct and Index "Yes" is also correct in order to achieve the nock alignment to the stiff side if the arrows spine.

You are not ordering "Bolts", you are ordering arrows for your crossbow. We don't ever shoot "Bolts", since they have nocks, and vanes and are over 9" long.

I can't help you or advise anything about the extreme shock end caps because these are used for lighted circuit systems when installing a lighted nock. I don't use lighted nocks on any of my arrows, but I'm sure Dorge can help you with these options.

Regards,

Jon

Hi Cosword,
Please take my advice and don't shoot more than one of those arrows at the same spot on your target. Put up a few different spots and only shoot one arrow per spot.

i know that sounds a bit extreme, but once you get them sighted in and tuned for your crossbow they are way to costly and way too accurate to be blowing them up on your target. That's exactly what will take place if you try shooting any groups with them out of a TAC15/15i.

Dorge is going to have to begin putting warning or disclaimers on these arrows or it's going to cost him a fortune in replacements.

Regards,

Jon
Hi jhon back from are trip had a geat time but we did have to play dodge ball with the snow in the blue ridge but we had a great time. I called fire knock and will be ordering arrows,aerorest,and maybe a fleching jig I gues I will be going 3 vane with the new rest. just wanted to say hi bill

Hi,
Glad to hear to had a great time on your trip.

Dorge is currently in Japan for the past couple of weeks visiting family and friends. He still picks up his messages and orders and gets things done remotely.

As I've stated many times, his Aerobolts and Aerojig are long standing tried and true products that are the finest money can buy, so you should be thrilled with them.

His Aerorest is brand new and is made with the highest quality materials he could obtain. This rest has a lot of technical research and expertise being poored into it and it's being shot by a few of the top pro archers in the world. I can't state anything more until we finish the testing because until we know just how to tune it for this application we won't know just what it's capable of.

These new Aerorests have considerably more adjustability than most rests on the market. While this is good in some ways, it also means that the number of possible combinations available to achieve the optimal performance increases significantly.

Professional archers know exactly what they need to adjust to achieve the specific arrow flight performance they are looking for. The average archer has no idea what's going on or what needs to be changed in order to achieve good flight performance, so their chances of figuring it out are limited.

Once properly set up, these new arrow rests have almost no wear parts on them, so this means that after proper installation and tuning, they can be left alone and not need any replacing for many years of solid shooting.

Regards,

Jon

thanks for the reply jon. I will be getting my order in some time in dec when they get them in cant wait I do hope that they go over the set up for these in detail. take care for now

Hi,
Glad to hear to had a great time on your trip.

Dorge is currently in Japan for the past couple of weeks visiting family and friends. He still picks up his messages and orders and gets things done remotely.

As I've stated many times, his Aerobolts and Aerojig are long standing tried and true products that are the finest money can buy, so you should be thrilled with them.

His Aerorest is brand new and is made with the highest quality materials he could obtain. This rest has a lot of technical research and expertise being poored into it and it's being shot by a few of the top pro archers in the world. I can't state anything more until we finish the testing because until we know just how to tune it for this application we won't know just what it's capable of.

These new Aerorests have considerably more adjustability than most rests on the market. While this is good in some ways, it also means that the number of possible combinations available to achieve the optimal performance increases significantly.

Professional archers know exactly what they need to adjust to achieve the specific arrow flight performance they are looking for. The average archer has no idea what's going on or what needs to be changed in order to achieve good flight performance, so their chances of figuring it out are limited.

Once properly set up, these new arrow rests have almost no wear parts on them, so this means that after proper installation and tuning, they can be left alone and not need any replacing for many years of solid shooting.

Regards,

Jon
Hi jon its been some time. I talked with droge last week and today I ordered the aerorest, and aerobolt II/200 arrows he is shipping them on monday. cant wait to try them out. bill

Hi Bill,
Glad to hear that you've ordered a set of Dorge's arrows. They are still the best arrows made when it comes to the TAC15 crossbows.

I can't speak for his Aerorest, since I don't use it and have little knowledge on how to set it up or tune it to perform well. Possibly somebody else can provide assistance or guidance in this area.

Regards,

Jon

Hi Bill,
Glad to hear that you've ordered a set of Dorge's arrows. They are still the best arrows made when it comes to the TAC15 crossbows.

I can't speak for his Aerorest, since I don't use it and have little knowledge on how to set it up or tune it to perform well. Possibly somebody else can provide assistance or guidance in this area.

Regards,

Jon
Good morning Jon I think the aerorest should be straightforward in the set up, like anything else you have to spend time working with it and when you are done you are done. I am sure Droge will be there if I run into any snags. I will post how it goes I am looking forward to trying the new setup out.

Hi Bill,
I'm sure you are correct on your assessment about installing the rest and Dorge is extremely knowledgeable about his products, so it should be just a matter of going through the exercise to get it set up and tuned properly.

On the other hand, I have a great deal of experience with building and using his arrows shafts, so those I can attest to with great confidence and satisfaction.

Regards,

Jon

i ordered my aerobolts II. they are great. improved my groups alot. i am shooting 100 gr. grim reaper mech. broadheads. the practice tips are exactly the same as the real deal but they dont open.they do pretty good. does anybody use any other broadheads that they reccomend?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.