What to get tac15 or 15i?

robu

Hi im new here and was just wondering which model to get. I have a LaRue Stealth with all the goodies along with a LaRue lower with a timney trigger already installed in it. So my question is what model to get and why.

Welcome to LRH that's a nice rifle if it were mine I'd leave it together but it would work just fine on the tac15 . I went with the tac15 only because I had a spare lower I was itching to do something with and I personally think it looks better. Other than it being on the heavy side It's a awesome crossbow.

Hi crazy8svt,
The advice robu has already provided is pretty sound advice. The primary difference between the two options is that the TAC15i uses a proprietary lower unit that can't be converted or used for anything else, so it must always stay as a crossbow. The TAC15 uses anybodies lower unit which means it can be changed around, if one desires. The TAC15i will also have a much heavier stock trigger than most AR15's, so most people prefer to replace the stock trigger with an after market trigger with about 3 lbs. of let off to make the shooting really pleasurable.

You can contact Len Backus or his son Andy on this website and they can provide all the answers to any questions you might have. Both own and shoot these crossbows and they stock almost every / any PSE parts or after market add-on worth talking about. They know these crossbows inside and out and are capable of providing the best advice that can be had.

Regards,

Jon Henry

Thanks for the replies and advice, if anyone else has anything to add I would greatly appreicate it since I havnt made a decision yet. I will contact len or andy about what i should get thanks again

This is not a problem I've thought about a lot, relative to the Tac.

However, I do own an Encore with switch-barrel capability and while I do switch between muzzleloader and .308 barrels it's a bit of a pain, and I do have to switch scopes between the barrels and sight them in before use.
It forces me to go to the range more, which is often a good thing, but only if I have time in my busy schedule.

Based on this experience, my advice is that if you've got the money you should simply buy a Tac15i and a Timney trigger upgrade so you have two completely separate weapons.

Depends on when you're planning to get the TAC15. Personally, I think you should buy the 15i, cause if Obama gets re-elected, you may not have your lower receiver for long and then you'll be left with no useable crossbow. Just my opinion, Jonnymac

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.