• Lapua

Votes: 22 100.0%
  • Norma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hornady

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Predatormaster

Has any one tried Hornady's 338 Lapua Brass? If so what is your thoughts, and how does it compare to Lapua brass. I was going to buy some, but I can no longer find any.:cool: Which brass do you prefer?

I use Lapua brass exclusively, but I did buy 20 rds of Hornady Custom to try and use a loading baseline (250gr bullet).

I have the brass loaded but have not fired it as of yet - too **** cold.

It appears to be decent brass and once the weather is nicer I'll be able to make a comparison.

Jamison International has also started making Lapua brass. They are sending me some early samples for testing and reviewing before they make it a public option.

I have yet to see any of these cases be able to take the shear pressures that the Lapua case can but when loading to proper load levels, I think it all would work well.

My experience with it shooting 100 rounds of their factory ammo is it's very soft. I did not like it at all -- too hard trying to extract it from the chamber (three different rifles).

I found in that very limited exposure it's not worth trading Lapua brass for Hornady.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.