338 Lapua Mag vs Hornady brass

Bates

hey just a quick question, got myself into a savage 110ba 338 lapua recently and bought hornady brass for reloading. did all the normal steps to get the brass primed and ready for powder. (the same exact steps with my other federal and lapua brass) and the bolt will not fully close with only the hornady. thought it could be a length problem but everything is in exact measurements to the book. wondering if any of you have had this similar problem?
i am loading it with 250 grain accubond or 225 grain hornady sst

and a better description about the gun while trying to load this brass would be the bolt pushes the brass all the way into the chamber as soon as it clicks to twist the bolt in it will no longer move any further and becomes a struggle in taking the bolt back out.

hey just a quick question, got myself into a savage 110ba 338 lapua recently and bought hornady brass for reloading. did all the normal steps to get the brass primed and ready for powder. (the same exact steps with my other federal and lapua brass) and the bolt will not fully close with only the hornady. thought it could be a length problem but everything is in exact measurements to the book. wondering if any of you have had this similar problem?
i am loading it with 250 grain accubond or 225 grain hornady sst

and a better description about the gun while trying to load this brass would be the bolt pushes the brass all the way into the chamber as soon as it clicks to twist the bolt in it will no longer move any further and becomes a struggle in taking the bolt back out.

Lately I have found some brass to be two long, and had to trim to length. check the case length against the chamber length. If you have a spare piece of the Hornady brass, trim .020 off the neck and try it. I have also found some brands of belted cases that the belt was two thick and would not fit in a SAMMI chamber that was head spaced correctly (.0005 to .0015)

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.