Hornady ELD-X Official Thread

I wondered where this hunting season's reports on ELD-X performance were being posted? I see some here in this Thread, which I haven't visited for some time. If anyone is aware of other Threads with a wealth of terminal performance reporting, please post the link(s)? I completed a Google search, which didn't identify Threads with many posts, other than this one.
Have you tried this method of search yet
Goto google and in the search box type Site; Longranghunting.com eld-x success Here is a link that I just did for an example.
https://www.google.com/search?q=site;+longrangehunting.com+eld-x+success&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
This is a better method of searching any site. You can continue changing sites for the same query the hide has some info as does campfire and others. I loaded some for my brother but he never went this season. Life/work got the better of his time. Dad didn't hunt either due to his Oct surgery both had 162's loaded at 3080 in 7 mag. I'm going to shoot a coyote with 1 this winter when I go just to see. If they are close to the last gen 162amax with the plus of the interlock jacket I will be very pleased for my new project

Yeah, I did try some Google searches. The first hit at your Google search link provided four links to LRH, but all four were to this Thread. So I'm still fishing for terminal performance reports from this Forum. Was expecting to find more feedback by now. Sounds pretty good so far.

Yeah, I did try some Google searches. The first hit at your Google search link provided four links to LRH, but all four were to this Thread. So I'm still fishing for terminal performance reports from this Forum. Was expecting to find more feedback by now. Sounds pretty good so far.

They work. Depending on the situation they won't always exit, but they always do alot of terminal damage. Loaded the 200 in a 300 mag going 3000 for my friend, he killed a 6 point bull elk at 500, quartering away and bullet was under hide on off side, and he also killed a big deer at 650, it exited about soda pop sized hole. Loaded the 162 in my uncles 7 mag going 3110 and he killed a deer at 310, and my cousin with the same rifle killed a deer at 325. Both broadside and left pop can sized exit. Have heard lots of people using them with success, they don't always exit on compromised angles or after heavy bone but always get in the vitals and put alot of shock on the animals. Use them, they work.

I wondered where this hunting season's reports on ELD-X performance were being posted? I see some here in this Thread, which I haven't visited for some time. If anyone is aware of other Threads with a wealth of terminal performance reporting, please post the link(s)? I completed a Google search, which didn't identify Threads with many posts, other than this one.

Though not an ELD-X, I saw a post on a Facebook group where a fella shot a bull elk through both shoulders with a 208gr ELD Match from a .300 Win Mag. He shot the bull at 200 yards and dropped him in his tracks. Found the slug under the skin on the offside shoulder. Below is a couple pictures of the bullet he recovered. He did not comment on retained weight, but that doesn't matter when the elk goes down and at least a good bit of the bullet drove through. I was very impressed by this. Glad I have three boxes of them on the shelf!

Attachments

• eld.jpg
    eld.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 89
  • 15178276_1263314987045736_114478954433322743_n.jpg
    15178276_1263314987045736_114478954433322743_n.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 89
Though not an ELD-X, I saw a post on a Facebook group where a fella shot a bull elk through both shoulders with a 208gr ELD Match from a .300 Win Mag. He shot the bull at 200 yards and dropped him in his tracks. Found the slug under the skin on the offside shoulder. Below is a couple pictures of the bullet he recovered. He did not comment on retained weight, but that doesn't matter when the elk goes down and at least a good bit of the bullet drove through. I was very impressed by this. Glad I have three boxes of them on the shelf!

Just like the old A-max. I think the ELDM will work great!.....Rich

Just like the old A-max. I think the ELDM will work great!.....Rich

Yeah I am excited to get them going out of my new .308 Norma build. We have been shooting them in my cousins 6.5x284 and like what we have seen. He currently is shooting the 147s at 2950 and I hope he gets a deer with that load to see how it performs. Let me know if you shoot anything with them Rich and how they work for you! gun)

Yeah I am excited to get them going out of my new .308 Norma build. We have been shooting them in my cousins 6.5x284 and like what we have seen. He currently is shooting the 147s at 2950 and I hope he gets a deer with that load to see how it performs. Let me know if you shoot anything with them Rich and how they work for you! gun)

Will do but it might be a while:D

Will do but it might be a while:D

Haha same here. Only have but one rifle to shoot them in and its currently under the knife getting a Bartlein! Hope I have it for the late doe season here in WV. Might not be a far shot but hell it's at least a close range test! :D

Cody,

How long is your 260 AI throated? I have .160" in a "match" chamber and am starting to compress loads of H4831 at 45 gr. under the 143 ELD-X. At 46.5 I am not able to maintain the seating depth and the bullet seater is leaving an indentation on the bullet. There are still no pressure signs at all, but I cannot get another gr. of powder into the case. Maybe H4831sc will settle a little better. I even ran an electric toothbrush against the case to try to get it to settle more and fit more powder. Versus the Bergers there appears to be a lot more bearing surface and boat tail. Problem is that if its throated much longer there will not be much chase left and 130s will be out of the question.

I'd appreciate your thoughts,

Chris
Are you using a VLD seater or Standard seater? Where is the indention?

You might want to consider trying RL26. It is producing some exceptional results with the .260 Rem for a lot of folks running 59-62gr of RL26.

Are you using a VLD seater or Standard seater? Where is the indention?

You might want to consider trying RL26. It is producing some exceptional results with the .260 Rem for a lot of folks running 59-62gr of RL26.

I ran into seating variances due to over compressed powder charges, and I have checked my neck tension, it is between .0015 and .0020" neck tension, so I don't believe its from lack of neck tension. He may have a seater issue but I also wouldn't be surprised if it is due to over compressed loads. For reference, I have a Redding 3 die .260 ackley improved die set, with the seating stem that came in the die and have had excellent consistency using berger VLD bullets.

Also...I personally have no experience with reloader 26, but I know loads for the 6.5 SAUM run 59-62 grains, I don't believe it would fit in a .260, please correct me if I'm wrong...

I ran into seating variances due to over compressed powder charges, and I have checked my neck tension, it is between .0015 and .0020" neck tension, so I don't believe its from lack of neck tension. He may have a seater issue but I also wouldn't be surprised if it is due to over compressed loads. For reference, I have a Redding 3 die .260 ackley improved die set, with the seating stem that came in the die and have had excellent consistency using berger VLD bullets.

Also...I personally have no experience with reloader 26, but I know loads for the 6.5 SAUM run 59-62 grains, I don't believe it would fit in a .260, please correct me if I'm wrong...

Ya, that charge is what I run in my SS......Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts