Hornady Concentricity tool

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Greg Duerr, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Greg Duerr

Greg Duerr Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2011
    I bought the Hornady Concentricity tool friday............................What I noticed after running my reloads through it is that non of them were over .002 Even some factory cartridges I have were under .002 I use Match grade dies for my .243 AI and my .19 Badger both were pretty much right on the money...............no run out to speak of . Not sure I will keep it ...............for $100 I dont think I will be using it much.

Whats your experiacne with it.

2. Boss Hoss

Boss Hoss Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2005
    Have a buddy that has one---sell it---is not accurate. Pretty much a feel good piece of equipment lol..

Concentricity Gauge

This is the one I have used for years---put a better gauge that measures to one more zero on it otherwise just like I got it. Buy the good tools and cry once..
  3. varmintH8R

varmintH8R Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    I have one and use it very little. I can't speak to its accuracy (nothing to calibrate to) but like yours it does little to differentiate between loads.

The one thing I will say is that I have run some factory ammo through it that measured as crap. I took this as indisputable evidence that my handloading is pretty much perfect :rolleyes:. Complete "feel good tool" as stated above!