Hornady concentricity tool nylon tipped thumb screw

.30-06

Hey fellas,
my nylon insert is flattening out, has anyone tried anything else as a replacement? Unless I can get nylon from a hardware store or HD? Unless I just contact Hornady to get some.

Last edited:
Hey fellas,
my nylon insert is flattening out, has anyone tried anything else as a replacement? Unless I can get nylon from a hardware store or HD? Unless I just contact Hornady to get some.
Mine flattened out quickly...........although most all of my reloads are pretty close before they go into the tool and require very little force to bring them into < .001 bullet runout near the case mouth. I rotate my cases about 50-60 degrees two to three times throughout the bullet seating stage, and this does a good job of reducing extreme runout. If you are aligning a very tightly necked reload with extreme runout, then the tip is likely to be damaged or/and fall off. I love mine and always use it on every reload. Hornady did tell me that they would send out a new one as I was alarmed too at the quick flattening of the tip.

Last edited:
Mine flattened out quickly...........although most all of my reloads are pretty close before they go into the tool and require very little force to bring them into < .001 bullet runout near the case mouth. I rotate my cases about 50-60 degrees two to three times throughout the bullet seating stage, and this does a good job of reducing extreme runout. If you are aligning a very tight necked reload with extreme runout, then the tip is likely to be damaged or/and fall off. I love mine and always use it on every reload. Hornady did tell me that they would send out a new one as I was alarmed too at the quick flattening of the tip.
thought of that as I was doing that

I put a thread protector rubber sleeve on the screw, it slip on, from the hardware store. 20 cents a piece.

Mine fell off the first time I used it. They sent me a new one also. I thought it happened again I would try some hot melt glue.