Hornady concentricity tool problem

Alibiiv

I ordered a Hornady concentrically tool a while back, and it came in today. I was anxious to try the tool out so assembled it and started straightening some .35 Whelen, 225gr TSX Barnes bullets,ammunition that I had loaded. After about ten rounds that I straightened out, I noticed that the bullets were getting marred. What I found was the small nylon piece on the end of the jacking screw had mashed almost flat and the metal part of the jack screw was digging into the bullets. From where I am sitting this is a serious manufacturing flaw, and I suspect that I am not the only reloader who has had this problem with the tool. I really like the tool. I find that it does a good job making the rounds concentric, just have to get around this problem. I'm thinking about putting a piece of nylon between the jack screw and the bullet, just seems it is not right to have to do this. Has anyone else encountered this problem and if so what have you done to remedy the problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.