Horizontal in load development

Ok, I can only go shorter just because the box mag won't allow longer. I will try that, thanks! I hope it works I hate load developing !
LOL, I use tobe like that my self. (Hate Load development). When every things going great, It can be real boring. I either buy a different bullet to play with or buy a new piece of reloading equipment to change things up.. I have found that I like involving myself in other peoples problem when it comes to reloading. ( My hair wasn't turning gray, fast enough on it's own, kind of thing.) The big plus is, I learn to.
Can you chamber a round with out loading the mag. Some mags want allow this type of chamber loading?
Well, Sir. Keep us posted on the out come of your situation. I'm real curious about the out come with your load.
I still think it might of been wind, but with high SD & ED at 500yds on steel plates, or paper, Your just plain lucky.
Good luck Sir, keep us posted, and Happy New Year.

Screenshot 2020-12-21 at 7.10.06 PM.jpeg

42.1 grs
3 inch vertical and 1.5 horizontal at 500 yards. So adjust powder or seating depth?
image.jpg

Screenshot 2020-12-21 at 7.10.06 PM.jpeg

42.1 grs
3 inch vertical and 1.5 horizontal at 500 yards. So adjust powder or seating depth?View attachment 237073
First I would quit worrying about a single or low E.S. it doesn't mean its a good load the target tells the true story. Ive had a 3 shot group with all being the same FPS shoot 1.5 at 100.
Don't know if I've missed it but I would test different primers alot of times you can tune out vertical just with a different primer, do it at 500 it really tells the story.

Its quite common for guys to shoot under 2" groups at 1000 yards with 15 fps ES, up to 20 doesn't bother me either. Until your shooting groups that small I wouldnt worry about single digit ES. In fact, I have never had my best ES load be my most accurate.

Ok!, I scrapped that load altogether.

I restarted with lapis plums brass, Sierra 175 smk, Remington match primers and varget. Shot a ladder today and I hit a node at 44-44.9 gr with vertical of 1-3/4 inch.

So now what do I do? What's my next step please, even if anyone has said above. What is the best route now? Man I hate developing a load!!!!!

Ok!, I scrapped that load altogether.

I restarted with lapis plums brass, Sierra 175 smk, Remington match primers and varget. Shot a ladder today and I hit a node at 44-44.9 gr with vertical of 1-3/4 inch.

So now what do I do? What's my next step please, even if anyone has said above. What is the best route now? Man I hate developing a load!!!!!
What distance?

I wouldnt be complaining about 1.75 vertical, play with some different primers and seating depth .005 at a time probably could be a bit better.

I would shoot groups .2 gr at a time from 44.0 - 44.9 and decide on which one is the best or a ladder test at 500 .2 at a time from 44.0 to 44.9

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.