Holy hazmat!!!

I don't want to start a political ****ing match but he did NUTTIN to defend bump stocks.
In fairness I'd say he listened to what the NRA said and what their position was.

"The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

What's the deal with these high hazmat fees plus shipping on top? Just capitalism at work during these times?? Just purchased a couple pounds of powder from a certain online retailer... $38 for hazmat then another $32 for shipping??? It's getting ridiculous.. guess I just needed to vent.
You got screwed, buy it from somebody else next time.

If anyone lives in the south central Pennsylvania area, Shyda's firearms in Lebanon PA, right across from the big VA hospital, has a huge selection of powder. They even have the mysterious "Unicorn" of Reloader 26, they didn't have Varget though when I went in so I got an 8lb. of BL(c)2 instead. They must have in total at any one time of probably 400lbs. of powders.
SOMETIMES they have Reloder 26........I live about 2 hours away. Last fall I was on a quest for RL26 and couldn't find any anywhere in stores or on line. I called them and they said they had it. I asked if I could pay for it over the phone because I didn't want to drive there and find out it was sold. And I didn't want it shipped because of the HazMat and shipping fees. The guy said no need for that, we have plenty. Needless to say they had zero when I arrived..... The guy I spoke with said it all sold to online buyers during my 2 hour drive

I always buy locally. Never had powder or primers shipped. If I can't find what I'm looking for, I wait till it is. There's always a substitute out there if you're in a bind and have to have it, but that means working up another load.
I just moved to Maryland from Arizona for work purposes and I too would go this route but when you don't have Brunos or a Cabelas nearby you enter the internet Haz-mat zone and it sucks! I miss Brunos, they always took care of me and I just ordered some dies from them the other day.

What's the deal with these high hazmat fees plus shipping on top? Just capitalism at work during these times?? Just purchased a couple pounds of powder from a certain online retailer... $38 for hazmat then another $32 for shipping??? It's getting ridiculous.. guess I just needed to vent.
I totally agree. From now on I'm gonna try and find someone to split expenses.

In fairness I'd say he listened to what the NRA said and what their position was.

"The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

So he opted for the ban regulation. Wonder what he'd do if he had to choose between saving his arse or saving your guns.

So... Bruno is charging $37 or $38 dollars for hazmat. Not sure why we're talking in code here.
Just checked Brunos website and it clearly states HAZMAT fee of $37 for all orders of primers and powder unless it exceeds the weight limit. I spoke with Jason about this and he informed me that he is at the mercy of the shipping companies. Now as far as the weight limit is concerned I have no idea what it is. I use to be local to this shop and thought his prices were always low personally.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.