Holy hazmat!!!

It's just another means in which the "bean counters" can "soak" the consumer for a more profitable bottom line! memtb
If you disagree with capitalism find a different vendor or find a different country to live in. Might I suggest Iraq or Afghanistan? I hear there's powder everywhere, no hazmat fees.

I know where you are coming from. You have to do what you have to do in these times when you need a some supplies.
Really? It is a free market economy, the alternative is MUCH worse.
Right now Midway has Reloder 50 in 8# jug for 210 + 13 S/H + 13 hazmat = $236
My local store has it for $304- S/H or Hazmat though...

Really? It is a free market economy, the alternative is MUCH worse.
Right now Midway has Reloder 50 in 8# jug for 210 + 13 S/H + 13 hazmat = $236
My local store has it for $304- S/H or Hazmat though...
Well I didn't need reloder 50 from midway, and I have no local stores in the area I'm in currently. So yea I have to buy it where available if I want/need it right then.

I've only ordered powder online a couple of times due to the ridiculous hazmat fees. When I do order online, I try to at least make it worth it by purchasing 8lbs or more.

I had ordered 6 pounds of RL-26 from Bruno's as it was the first I had seen in a long time - the next morning, I found a much better deal on 8# jugs from another supplier. Was able to cancel my order at Bruno's luckily and then order the 8# jug from the other supplier. All in, it was still $20 cheaper for the 8# jug with hazmat and shipping, than the 6# from Bruno's.

Kudos to Bruno's for canceling.

I have found them to have what I want when others don't and to be ver prompt in shipping.

I usually buy in quantity from Powder Valley, but need to remember Bruno's in the future.

Kudos to Bruno's for canceling.

I have found them to have what I want when others don't and to be ver prompt in shipping.

I usually buy in quantity from Powder Valley, but need to remember Bruno's in the future.

Yeah I was surprised about them canceling as well. They mentioned that as long as the order hadn't been boxed up, I could cancel.

I always buy locally. Never had powder or primers shipped. If I can't find what I'm looking for, I wait till it is. There's always a substitute out there if you're in a bind and have to have it, but that means working up another load.

No hazmat on this at Home Depot
Your Order $29.87

Ship To Home

Expect it by Fri, Sep 04
$5.99
apple-red-rust-oleum-painter-s-touch-2x-general-purpose-spray-paint-334024-64_65.jpg
Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch 2X12 oz. Gloss Apple Red General Purpose Spray Paint (6-Pack)
Qty : 1
$23.88

Subtotal$23.88
Shipping$5.99
Estimated Sales Tax*
(Calculated based on address)
---
Apply Tax Exempt ID
Total$29.87

If you disagree with capitalism find a different vendor or find a different country to live in. Might I suggest Iraq or Afghanistan? I hear there's powder everywhere, no hazmat fees.

I have no problem with capitalism, only those that are overly opportunistic during a shortage of any form of supplies.....be it reloading components, shipping or food. Or perhaps consider that the Chicoms have done quite well taking advantage of American corporate capitalism/greed! memtb

No hazmat on this at Home Depot
Your Order $29.87

Ship To Home

Expect it by Fri, Sep 04
$5.99
apple-red-rust-oleum-painter-s-touch-2x-general-purpose-spray-paint-334024-64_65.jpg
Rust-Oleum Painter's Touch 2X12 oz. Gloss Apple Red General Purpose Spray Paint (6-Pack)
Qty : 1
$23.88

Subtotal$23.88
Shipping$5.99
Estimated Sales Tax*
(Calculated based on address)
---
Apply Tax Exempt ID
Total$29.87
That's fantastic that you're not paying for it, but it is a hazardous material and must be shipped as such by law. Whether Home Depot charged you a ridiculous fee or not is on them. Hell whether they follow the law or not is also on them.

perhaps I'm being pedantic because different hazmat classes and quantities require different labeling, costs and qualifications to ship them. I was simply stating that it is considered a hazmat material.

Attachments

• 737C58AA-76BD-4C73-9B9D-08A074300961.jpeg
    737C58AA-76BD-4C73-9B9D-08A074300961.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 124
Last edited by a moderator:
That's fantastic that you're not paying for it, but it is a hazardous material and must be shipped as such by law. Whether Home Depot charged you a ridiculous fee or not is on them. Hell whether they follow the law or not is also on them.

perhaps I'm being pedantic because different hazmat classes and quantities require different labeling, costs and qualifications to ship them. I was simply stating that it is considered a hazmat material.
I think that the hazmat is to much for what they are charging. I was just wanting to show the difference, both are very explosive. It just makes me so **** mad!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts