HAZMAT fee

I'd like to know this also.

And why it is that loaded ammunition seems to have no problem shipping normally but when the parts aren't put together, then it's a big issue.

At least if a catastrophic failure occurred, there isn't a round going off.

Just some magic pixie dust burning off real quick or a loud pop from the primers.

Last edited:
I'd like to know this also.

And why it is that loaded ammunition seems to have no problem shipping normally but when the parts aren't put together, then it's a big issue.

At least if a catastrophic failure occurred, there isn't a deadly projectile going off.

Just some magic pixie dust burning off real quick or a loud pop from the primers.
Shhhhhhh Keep it a secret or we will be paying hazmat on loaded ammo also. lol

IMHO, at this point, it does not matter. If I want to play, I must pay. I buy locally if I do not want to spend the HAZMAT fee. If I want to reduce the cost of HAZMAT and shipping, I go in with a buddy to share the burden cost. But that's just me.
I think they are trying to get behind the logic of the tax ? Which is nearly impossible when it comes to Govt. & politics. IMO

I think they are trying to get behind the logic of the tax ? Which is nearly impossible when it comes to Govt. & politics. IMO
Perhaps but HAZMAT is nothing new. It is, however, relatively new (IIRC, 2020) to gun-related items. Yes, taxation and politics are factors. But the must-pay-to-play still applies.

Perhaps but HAZMAT is nothing new. It is, however, relatively new (IIRC, 2020) to gun-related items. Yes, taxation and politics are factors. But the must-pay-to-play still applies.
Does it or should it ever end ? Just for how long are we the people going to let a few dictate how things are to be done ? Especially when they have NO knowledge on such subjects. Should we not at least require a common knowledge to take a certain tax paying position in Govt ? Or do we just say OH WELL, it's the way things work. You just can't become a doctor because you want the job or someone appointed you there with no knowledge.

Does it or should it ever end ? Just for how long are we the people going to let a few dictate how things are to be done ? Especially when they have NO knowledge on such subjects. Should we not at least require a common knowledge to take a certain tax paying position in Govt ? Or do we just say OH WELL, it's the way things work. You just can't become a doctor because you want the job or someone appointed you there with no knowledge.
My friend, I thought years ago there would have been a revolt. Our forefathers went to war over taxation with a country that should have stomped us into the ground but our resourcefulness prevailed. I imagine if they were here today they would be labeled terrorists. Every election locally a new tax or bond or whatever is proposed and even if it looses the first time, the creators of the tax learn and rephrase it differently so next election it passes. Our politicians on both sides have failed us, once they get to the capital, they no longer represent we the people. Things get passed, namely gun control for example without our input, it's all just an agenda. How does it get through, like one of those terrorists said, let good men do nothing. And that to me is what's happening. We're to lazy, comfortable and satisfied with our life style to really confront what's going on. Many of the men who signed the Declaration of Independence died paupers, they gave up everything for future generations. We are taxed not once on some items but every time it's sold it gets taxed again. This is where we are at, is anything going to change, my opinion, no, only going to get worse. Enough of me, have a good day

I have more significant concerns than the HAZMAT; I have probably paid under $250 in HAZMAT fees in the last 10 years. My wife and I maxed out our deductions, and we pay heavily in taxes. We are being penalized for doing our job and preparing for our retirement. I always do my share to vote out all the politicians and start a clean slate. So, NO, I do not sit and say oh well. Enough with the politics; let's move on.

I have more significant concerns than the HAZMAT; I have probably paid under $250 in HAZMAT fees in the last 10 years. My wife and I maxed out our deductions, and we pay heavily in taxes. We are being penalized for doing our job and preparing for our retirement. I always do my share to vote out all the politicians and start a clean slate. So, NO, I do not sit and say oh well. Enough with the politics; let's move on.
I did not mean to say you personally, do nothing. I was using it as a whole for all of US. But I get where you're coming from. We seem to be screwed. And there's no way out of it.

What I want to know is, is there a fixed fee for Hazmat from the shippers? I've seen a huge variance in the hazmat fees from the retailers. I've seen it as low as $13 from Midway to $50 from MiWall. Then shipping fees are added on top of that.