Holy crap im glad I hoarded

you are either the grasshopper or the ant and i became the ant after other shortages years ago, so i was prepared for this mess we are in now. i do help friends who should have known better.

How much is "hoarding" ?? or is it sensible preparation ??. I believe in sensible preparation but like 1,200 pounds of powder & 200,000 primers seems like preparation for making $$ on GB.
Nothing like that. I did at one point think about putting 20k fgmm215m primers on gunbroker but figured the quick cash wouldn't be worth buying more at higher prices later. Also have about 500 50bmg cases I have absolutely no use for. 2k 300 gr SMKs, 100+ lbs of powder, countless thousands of .308 brass. Stuff like that.

The problem with stocking large supplies is that you can get stuck with a lot of components that you no longer have interest in. New bullets come out every day. Higher energy, cleaner burning powders every week. Storage can also be an issue. Regulations aside, keeping large quantities of powder in your home has its own risks and liabilities.

Wouldn't it be nice to return to the good ol' days when we could just buy what we need when we need it?
I'm so lucky this is not me as I always stocked up. Needless to say I refuse at least for now to pay 100 for 1000 primers. If and when the primers components drop back to close where they took off from I will then quadruplicate my supply of everything and extra in hopes I may have a need for it. Today I still have many different powders in multiple pounds each I still use from 1993 and many bullets from even before then. I used up my last primers in one brand and size from 1999 the other day. The best part was I was able to unload some Berger bullets last week that have sat on my shelf for at least 6-8 years and help someone else out instead of use them for fouling rounds. I then bought some powder yesterday I may use 30 years from now.

Looks like you're still working in California! Saw $4.59 a gallon diesel a couple times lately here in AZ. And to the OP, I've hoarded enough that I have everything I need for a while also as long as work doesn't tank for a couple years after this madness we're living through.
LOL...weI just recently took a road trip across six states pulling a trailer with a second vehicle for extra help and saw gas/diesel prices fluctuate across every state. Arizona was noticeably more expensive than the other states, and was 20 cents a gallon more than NV and UT. Yes the border town fuel locations had lines of vehicles to get fuel.

You guys complaining about gas do realize it proves we must double down on green energy right.. the administration has shown us the way. It's only a few more tax dollars... be a patriot for God's sake.

I'm so lucky this is not me as I always stocked up. Needless to say I refuse at least for now to pay 100 for 1000 primers. If and when the primers components drop back to close where they took off from I will then quadruplicate my supply of everything and extra in hopes I may have a need for it. Today I still have many different powders in multiple pounds each I still use from 1993 and many bullets from even before then. I used up my last primers in one brand and size from 1999 the other day. The best part was I was able to unload some Berger bullets last week that have sat on my shelf for at least 6-8 years and help someone else out instead of use them for fouling rounds. I then bought some powder yesterday I may use 30 years from now.
They're gonna shut people like you down….by arbitrarily putting expiration dates on components! I'm sure a few people would fall for it…

They're gonna shut people like you down….by arbitrarily putting expiration dates on components! I'm sure a few people would fall for it…
Bahahahahaa. More than a few in today's world from what I see. The good thing is I may be able to get their "old"stuff.