Hodgdon is getting on my last nerve

Best bet for locating hard to find powders it to check all the smaller gun shops, ones that don't have an online store. I've been able to find at least one type of all the "unicorn dust" powders list-ed in this thread by doing that, except N570, that stuff doesn't exist in the real world lol.

You almost have to be a futures trader, and predict which powder is the next hot thing, and get it while it's new. Bought 8lbs of Staball 6.5 just in case :)

there is a lot of places to purchase powder from. Midway, Brownells, Midsouth Shooters, sportsmensguide, Natchezss.com, Academy Sports +Outdoors, Powder Valley,Inc. and others. I looked over several of them. No H4350 SC or H1000. There is a few others out there too.

SSS

there is a lot of places to purchase powder from. Midway, Brownells, Midsouth Shooters, sportsmensguide, Natchezss.com, Academy Sports +Outdoors, Powder Valley,Inc. and others. I looked over several of them. No H4350 SC or H1000. There is a few others out there too.

SSS
what I started using when the 4350 and 4831 went away is hybrid 100v it falls between and works very well in place of either and is available most places maybe I should not say this haha

Best bet for locating hard to find powders it to check all the smaller gun shops, ones that don't have an online store. I've been able to find at least one type of all the "unicorn dust" powders list-ed in this thread by doing that, except N570, that stuff doesn't exist in the real world lol.

You almost have to be a futures trader, and predict which powder is the next hot thing, and get it while it's new. Bought 8lbs of Staball 6.5 just in case :)
That has worked for me lately also. I just bought the only pound of Win. Staball 6.5 at local place. I was just going to ask if anybody has tried yet and what it compares to. Been long time since I've used any Win. ball powders like 760 and 748. I think old 785 ?? Also. Still have W296 but use H110 instead for my big bore pistols

what I started using when the 4350 and 4831 went away is hybrid 100v it falls between and works very well in place of either and is available most places maybe I should not say this haha
There goes the Hybrid 100!! I saw plenty of it done the street. I've used it in 6.5 Creed along with Superformance with good accuracy and high velocity and no pressure problems .

I'm going to vent. I'm probably gonna get kicked off the forum, but I think I'm speaking for most of us when I ask if the people running Hodgdon have their heads up their --- or something. Retumbo, H4350, H1000, Varget, are all STAPLES of the Hodgdon brand, and it's like trying to find pixie dust. Do they want to lose customers? Why is it that a company who makes gunpowder, and has been doing so forever, can't keep up with demand? Are they not investing enough of their profits into the company and their equipment? You would think that the demand for their products would be incentive for them to make more of it.
Am I missing something here? For all of the powder companies out there, now is a great time for them to get their engineers and marketing teams in order and produce powders that are temp stable with comparable burn rates. When I find something that will replace my Hodgdon powders, I'm jumping ship. Their management appears to be about as in touch with their customers as Remington's marketing.

They have all the customers they need with the military contracts & commercial ammunition manufacturers. After those orders have been filled, we reloaders get to fight over what is left. We have always picked up the crumbs after the big buyers have taken what they want. In fact, we are cleaning up their surpluses for them. That's the way it is, and it isn't going to change. In the grand scheme of things, we reloaders are pretty far down the totem pole.

That has worked for me lately also. I just bought the only pound of Win. Staball 6.5 at local place. I was just going to ask if anybody has tried yet and what it compares to. Been long time since I've used any Win. ball powders like 760 and 748. I think old 785 ?? Also. Still have W296 but use H110 instead for my big bore pistols
using it in a creedmoor and a 7mm-08 have not needed to try in anything else it does get a little jumpy when you get near max

Well i live a couple of hours drive from the ADI factory ( now called Thales i think ) here in Australia & i'm sure they were not directly effected by the recent bush fires here recently.
As mentioned many times here already Military contracts & shipping hurdles have most likely caused you guys some pain.
We on the other hand struggle to get anything shooting related out of your country because of your ITAR laws.

They have all the customers they need with the military contracts & commercial ammunition manufacturers. After those orders have been filled, we reloaders get to fight over what is left. We have always picked up the crumbs after the big buyers have taken what they want. In fact, we are cleaning up their surpluses for them. That's the way it is, and it isn't going to change. In the grand scheme of things, we reloaders are pretty far down the totem pole.
Exactly why we need to search and hoard.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.