Hit indicators for LR steel

Are you selling these? I just bought 2 of the Caldwell units.
I need to test mine with the magnet to see if they hold. I added the lip to keep it in position off of the plate (to prevent sliding). Most likely it will work best on the top edge. If the magnet doesnt hold then will probably have to either get a new velcro backing or pull the velcro from the back and put it on the front. I may shorten the mirrored part to be the same length as the led array. Assuming everything works I will make 1 batch at $12 + shipping which will include the magnet. Seem fair?
Screenshot at Feb 18 16-55-24.png
Screenshot at Feb 18 16-56-07.png

I need to test mine with the magnet to see if they hold. I added the lip to keep it in position off of the plate (to prevent sliding). Most likely it will work best on the top edge. If the magnet doesnt hold then will probably have to either get a new velcro backing or pull the velcro from the back and put it on the front. I may shorten the mirrored part to be the same length as the led array. Assuming everything works I will make 1 batch at $12 + shipping which will include the magnet. Seem fair?View attachment 545126View attachment 545127
I'll be interested to see if the magnet interferes with the trigger mechanism. $12 plus shipping will be getting close to the price of a replacement unit. Not saying your price is out of line, just something to consider.

Is that from spall or actually hitting the unit?
Bullet actually hitting the unit I believe. I have seen multiple people complain about this. The good news is I believe the unit is wired properly (not like 2 strand Christmas lights) so if one or more (up to 1/3) are damaged the other lights still work

I'll be interested to see if the magnet interferes with the trigger mechanism. $12 plus shipping will be getting close to the price of a replacement unit. Not saying your price is out of line, just something to consider.
Excellent thought (does magnet interfere w accelerometer). Test (vid link below) shows it does not (at least with the magnet in the center). My print time is approx 1 hour (cura shows it incorrectly for my printer). Assembly is about 10 mins. I do NOT want to be in the business of making these - I am just offering 1 run as a courtesy to the people here.
Screenshot at Feb 18 17-26-41.png

Last edited:
For any of you with 3D printers that want to just make them yourself, the STL file is attached. I also cross posted to: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6492488

For the mirror I used (currently $5.99):
The magnets I used (currently $5.09):
Basically;
1. just cut the mirror with scissors in 1/2" x 66mm strips.
2. Remove the backing and protectors.
3. run a bead of hot glue down the center of the back of the mirror strips
4. use tweezers to place the mirror strips on the 2 slanted sections

I may need to make an alternate version for t-post holders that angle the plate down (the current version is for hangers) - let me know if you need one

Attachments

• FlashBang_v9.stl.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Is that from spall or actually hitting the unit?
I have not actually hit mine yet, I just assumed that would be the advantage of mirrors. I don't think bullet splatter could harm the LEDs from.the typical angle that.they are placed as the are actually flush with the back of the plate. Unless you actually hit the very edge of the target.

I tried to install mine with a magnet instead of putting velcro on targets I didn't own but they wouldn't trigger. Seems the magnet was holding the accelerometer from accelerating

Recent Posts