High Quality Binoculars

The swaro's have been great for me. I use the SLC 8x30 and EL 10x42. They are really clear and work very well during low light periods. Remember, you get what you pay for!

I am NOT a wealthy person and can not afford most of the things I buy
BUT,
I own Swaro 10X42's and love them, just think the 50's are better.
I also own Swaro 15X56 Binos
and 20X60X60 Spotting Scope.
This does not include tripods,
adapters and camera adapters.

Bunches of money but this poor boy thinks they are worth it.

Go down to the local sporting goods and try everything you can.
Ask to use a tripod so you can really see the differance

I think I'm somewhat different than most people when it comes to binoculars. When hunting I'm either on a horse or backpacking so the weight of the glasses are more important to me compared to whether or not I can see well when it's still dark or getting dark. I have a pair of 7x35 Leica's that I have used for years and would not trade them for any of the 10x's out there as a carry all day glass. Another advantage of the lower power binocular is you can hold them pretty still even when puffing. Under ideal conditions the 10x glasses are great but I never seem to have ideal conditions. If I was looking for a new set they would probably be the Swarovski 8x30 or similar. JMO.

I know everyone is insistent about spending $2000.00 for a good set of binoculars and so was I. I almost bought a pair of Swaro's but happened to look at the pair next to them which was on sale. They were the Alpen Rainer's in 10 x 42 @ sportsmans warehouse. I took both pairs out side and could not tell a big enough difference to spend an extra 1200 for the Swaro's. I highly recommend them if you want to save a little money and still get some top notch glass.

In addition to clarity as a measure of an optic, there are other considerations. The people who advised me on the Swaro binoculars also mentioned "color" as being important. Those people (GG, Uncle B, Michele and ????) were very right. At a range of 2300 yards I picked up a cow elk by color alone. With the binoculars, I could not tell if it was shaped like a log or a rock or a bush but I could tell it was elk color. Then with the Nightforce set at 32 X 56mm, I could tell not only that it was an elk but for 100% sure it was a cow.

Something to think about.

I am going to have to vote for Leica. I have a pair of 10 x 42. The color and contrast of the glass is amazing. A whitetail deer will stand out of the brown woods background when you scan the area around you. I have several friends that use both the Leica and Zeiss. No problems with either.

I have a pair of Leica 10X42s and a pair of Swarovski 15X56. Leica Binos IMHO are the best of the best. There are other binoculars that are very close in decent conditions but like BB said let the distance get way out thier and or the lighting not be very good and the difference becomes apparent.
Side by side test in the store or outside the store rarely tell the tale for me but a daily comparison over several weeks will.

Hi,

I own a swaro 7x42 and duovid leica 8-12x42. Both are fantastic, i don't like big magnification when usingthem for hours and hours. I use the 12x magnification on the leica only when needed for identifacation purpaose on games.

A couple of years ago after having eaten bad food, it happens that I throw out on my swaro binoculars. I just cleaned the outside and continue hunting. I put the binoculars back home in ma bag and kept in ther for a couple of month. In spring I was willing to use them but the adjustment wheel was blocked (probaably because of the acid of the stomac that went in their).
I send the binoculars to the factory for repair. They came back with new front and rear lenses, new ruber cover, new eye piece. And this under waranty! Forgot ot mention that the bino where 14 years old! just to speak about the service offered by swarowski.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.