Cheap, quality binoculars

Buddy of mine bought some Maven binos. Truly exceptional glass for the price and I don't usually call any glass below Swaro or Leica exceptional.

I would look at the KOWA's lower line of bingo's. But I hate to say it your buddy is going to have to pony up a little bit more than 100.00 or else he better just spend the 100.00 on a lot of aspirin.

Quick little test for ALL bino's at any cost is to to this quick little alignment test.

pic a long straight line such as powerline, horizon, etc.
next focus binos and then slowing start pulling them away from your eyes, you will start to see two separate circles form. You want the distant line to be even in both lenses.
View attachment 177902
The attached pic shows an simple example.
Actually it is better for at least most of us to focus the glasses on a telephone pole at a decent distance of say 100 yds. Also best to have them either supported by a tripod or laying on something solid, and not being held.
Line up the pole in the glasses, then take your face away for say 15 seconds before looking back in. When you do, be concentrating only on the pole and nothing else. If there is a double image of the pole, even a slight one that dissapates within a second, your glasses are out of allignment. Depending on the severity and the individual using them, discomfort will be the outcome when using them.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.