HERTERS WASP WAIST BULLETS

Spent many hours looking over this catalog over 50 years ago. Your Wasp-Waist bullets were $3.69 a 100 in 1968.

Attachments

• FE13C359-F01A-4974-BB9D-80FDC4A34052.jpeg
    FE13C359-F01A-4974-BB9D-80FDC4A34052.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
  • B14D5D1E-83E5-4538-847E-A3118F9D730F.jpeg
    B14D5D1E-83E5-4538-847E-A3118F9D730F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
I have a couple of full original Herters bullets but they have a normal profile. box is yellow - have to look to be sure.

Attachments

• IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    831.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    762.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
In addition to their gun supplies, I also used many of their archery supplies. They had a Herters Model Perfect for almost everything. If my often faulty memory serves me correctly, they were bought out and part of the sale involved the inability to start reselling under the Herters Brand for a specific time. I don't remember the time length

We are dating ourselves guys
Yep, I wasn't even old enough to be in school in 1968. However, age is just a number, I let my brain determine how "old" or "young" I am. Lol! Less stressing about it, more doing things that I want to that way! Btw, I did see a lot of Herters products used in reloading as would always go downstairs and watch ... I started reloading (supervised) at 12 for my first rifle and as a result, I have never shot any factory made ammo at any animal with the exception of a 22lr. There are even some reloading kits out there for those now!🙃 I have one but haven't used it yet. (and hopefully I'll never have to)

Yep, I wasn't even old enough to be in school in 1968. However, age is just a number, I let my brain determine how "old" or "young" I am. Lol! Less stressing about it, more doing things that I want to that way! Btw, I did see a lot of Herters products used in reloading as would always go downstairs and watch ... I started reloading (supervised) at 12 for my first rifle and as a result, I have never shot any factory made ammo at any animal with the exception of a 22lr. There are even some reloading kits out there for those now!🙃 I have one but haven't used it yet. (and hopefully I'll never have to)
You started handloading at 12 , wow, I didn't get started until mid highschool age, thats when I chose 4831 and 4350 for my deer rifle ,30-06 , instead of 4064 and 3031 , lucky we didn't get hurt when we first started.

I bought an elk bugle from Herter's. It came with directions on how to hunt elk. That still impresses me. What I remember most is that he said a "serious" hunter would camp at least a mile from where he wants to hunt. Nowadays, you see hunters camped right in the middle of the elk meadows.

I bought an elk bugle from Herter's. It came with directions on how to hunt elk. That still impresses me. What I remember most is that he said a "serious" hunter would camp at least a mile from where he wants to hunt. Nowadays, you see hunters camped right in the middle of the elk meadows.
Yeah , I like reading old hunting articles, just because the way they looked a things.
Like a lot of things they called ( real handy )